One more time....Plus size wheels/tires - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, One more time....Plus size wheels/tires in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Or if you find yourself unable to get to sleep late at night, visit . . . . http://www.chris-longhurst.com/carbi...yre_bible.html for ...
    odysseus is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS

Re: One more time....Plus size wheels/tires

Or if you find yourself unable to get to sleep late at night, visit . . . .

http://www.chris-longhurst.com/carbi...yre_bible.html

for the whole theory on tire sizes and decoding.

Dreamin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 V

You don't need to subtract one sidewall width
    ... he took wheel diameter and added only one sidewall height.... (need two sidewall heights)

CTS-VPaco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Raven/Ebony CTS-V

Haha, yeah, I'm a dumbass, so I did forget one of the sidewalls. I guess that makes the slight difference double the original slight that I figured. Derp, forgive me, and thank you for those links!

ssmith100 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Damn guys this post got long. I think the 9" on the front are going to fit fine. Dreamin,
    My rears sit completely flush with the top of the rear fender. I'll post a pic.
    Rotors installed today. They look a 100% better than stock. I'll post a couple of pics tommorrow before I pull the wheels. I can't wait not to have to polish a wheel again.

Shane

Dreamin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 V

The a$$shot above, offset a little so we can see the edge of the wheels would be greatly appreciated!

One more Q: What do you think of the fender gap? Too tall or OK? Do you see the car every morning and think, "Damn, i have to lower this thing!" (Let's assume one is OK with the fender gap with the stock 18s)

dreamcarc6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS V & 1993 Eldorado

Quote Originally Posted by ssmith100
    Damn guys this post got long. I think the 9" on the front are going to fit fine. Dreamin,
    My rears sit completely flush with the top of the rear fender. I'll post a pic.
    Rotors installed today. They look a 100% better than stock. I'll post a couple of pics tommorrow before I pull the wheels. I can't wait not to have to polish a wheel again.
    What wheels are those? Or did I miss that up in the thread somewhere?

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcarc6
    What wheels are those? Or did I miss that up in the thread somewhere?
    they are the CCW SP505As
    http://www.ccwheel.com/street/files/...ain.htm#wheels
    CCW also has the SP600 in 6-lug
    http://www.ccwheel.com/street/files/...ain.htm#wheels

but for me the deciding factor against CCW was they are just polished aluminum...requiring polishing to keep their luster.
    The C20s I just ordered are gun-metal painted w/ polished lip, clear-coated. Hope I don't hit a curb

Dreamin,
    Fender gap is fine by me. It could be a tad lower, but I would hate to give up ride quality. All the car's that I have put Eibachs on all rode like crap afterward. Looked good, rode like crap. Polishing is a pain in the ass. I wish I would have spent the extra when I first bought them and had them chromed. Oh well, live and learn. Car is tire and wheel less right now. Boxing and shipping on Monday. Hope to have them back in a few weeks. Going to get new rear tires while there there also. 9000 miles and the backs don't look so hot Had an exhaust leak on the B&B at the front slip joints. Going to fix that tommorrow. As far as the CCW wheels go. Hard to find a better company. John is a little "different", but a great guy.

Shane

i think i have a B&B leak at the front slip joints, too....weekend project, another excuse for more Shiners

steve711 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Ok fellus some this up for me coz i realy dont understand all this 9' stuff here 230 rear there.In laimens terms guys.I am intrested in getting bigger wheels & tires & would like the best combo for handling performance etc.
    Thx

dreamcarc6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS V & 1993 Eldorado

Quote Originally Posted by urbanski
    i think i have a B&B leak at the front slip joints, too....weekend project, another excuse for more Shiners
    B&B gave me four soft gaskets, I think I will use them on the first joint along with the metal gaskets. What do you think?

As for the wheels, polished is the way to go, but you should have them anodized clear so you never have to polish. Lasts longer than just regular clear process.

Urby,

Problem is the clamp I think. I think we need a wider clamp. Going to clean up the carbon around the leak and then tighten and see what happens. You know, there's times when I wish I would have just left my car stock....................naw Going to have (2) 275 35 19's with about 5000-8000 miles left in them if your interested. I hate to just give them to john when he puts my new ones on. Let me know.

Shane

lasstss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I got tired of waiting for CCW. IM ordering a set of 19's from DPE on monday. Haven't found a wheel I like better. I like the brush finish with a polished lip best. JMO..

Shane, I'm getting the Toyos but thanks....maybe get a local shop to remove them first before sending them off? Then you can e-bay them.
    I used that copper hi-temp gasket stuff, but i think there must be a pinhole in it...easy fix. That joint won't be an issue when i get cats/headers, eh?

Dreamin brought up a point....the Toyos in the 245/40 and 275/35 differ in diameter front to back by 0.3"....while GS-D3 and PS2 differ by 0.1"
    Anybody think this will muck up my Stabilitrack etc?

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by steve711
    Ok fellus some this up for me coz i realy dont understand all this 9' stuff here 230 rear there.In laimens terms guys.I am intrested in getting bigger wheels & tires & would like the best combo for handling performance etc.
    Thx
    The simplest way is to find 19" with the stock 8.5" width and offset. Then fit them with 245/40 19 rubber. You get the plus size look and keep the neutral handling.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.