Installing Aftermarket Amp - Rear Harness Guide?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Installing Aftermarket Amp - Rear Harness Guide? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hey guys, I'm beginning the installation of an aftermarket signal integrator and amplifier, and wondered if anyone knew which color ...
    FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Installing Aftermarket Amp - Rear Harness Guide?

Hey guys,

I'm beginning the installation of an aftermarket signal integrator and amplifier, and wondered if anyone knew which color wires went to each speaker before I start cutting. I have the following two diagrams, which don't appear to specify wire colors (unless "WH" = white, "TN" = tan, "YE" = yellow", "L-GN" = light green, etc):

Also, I'm planning on ripping out that horrible plastic tray riveted into the rear deck, and wondered if anyone ran into any issues with that. I plan on applying a layer of dynamat over the entire deck, and then mounting my subwoofer with a MDF ring. I don't know how well these rings handle stress, so any advice as far as mounting hardware selection (bolts and washers) would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Manofmetal01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V Kooks 1 7/8, Corsa, KW Var 3, Hotchkis sways
    You would be correct about the wire colours, thats how it was when I wired up my truck

Scott2012 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V & 2010 AWD CTS

Re: Installing Aftermarket Amp - Rear Harness Guide?

I gotta pull my seat and rear deck- I have horrible rattle from the woofers I have installed- getting rid of plastic and dynamatting is in my near future

carlson_mn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Platinum 06 CTS-V, kooks, magnaflow

Quote Originally Posted by Scott2012 View Post
    I gotta pull my seat and rear deck- I have horrible rattle from the woofers I have installed- getting rid of plastic and dynamatting is in my near future
    When you pull the rear deck put foam in key areas so that it is not loose to rattle. I get a rattle from my sub inside the trunk compartment that holds the reverse lights and license plate, but can only hear it outside.

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by carlson_mn View Post
    When you pull the rear deck put foam in key areas so that it is not loose to rattle. I get a rattle from my sub inside the trunk compartment that holds the reverse lights and license plate, but can only hear it outside.
    In other threads, I've mentioned that you can and should install a layer of MLV with adhesive to the inside of the trunk lid liner. It'll be a tight fit, but as a result, it'll prevent vibration of some of the tab-mounted devices (e.g. reverse light housings) on the other side of the lid. It's also a flanking path for noise from the exhaust to make it into the trunk and from there, into the cabin.

In an ideal world, you should be able to simply insulate the back seat area well enough to isolate the cabin from the trunk, but you're up against the practical limitations imposed by the amount of space available for MLV between the armor plating and the foam padding inside the seat back.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    In other threads, I've mentioned that you can and should install a layer of MLV with adhesive to the inside of the trunk lid liner. It'll be a tight fit, but as a result, it'll prevent vibration of some of the tab-mounted devices (e.g. reverse light housings) on the other side of the lid. It's also a flanking path for noise from the exhaust to make it into the trunk and from there, into the cabin.

In an ideal world, you should be able to simply insulate the back seat area well enough to isolate the cabin from the trunk, but you're up against the practical limitations imposed by the amount of space available for MLV between the armor plating and the foam padding inside the seat back.
    Good point- foam would help greatly. I have my subs sealed into the car- I no longer have practicality in the trunk area

Pillow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade ESV & 2005 CTS-V

Bump. Very interested in this. I just started the installation on my V this weekend. The front stage is almost done. I needed to order a 2" center channel from Madisound.com to replace the inept Bose junk. If the Pearless 2" does not work out then I will just delete the center channel all together.

Any tips on removing the rear deck cover? I guess the C pillar trims have to come out (similar to the A pillar trims that hold the tweets)? Any surprise issues with the 3 baby seat tethers?

FWIW I installed JBL MS-62c components and the mids lined up no problem with the factory door pod holes. The tweeter mounting required fabrication on the A pillars. But the effort was worth it! Even still just running off Bose processing/amp the system has been completely transformed for the better. It is like ear sex! I was aghast as to how cheap the Bose speakers were.

Thanks!

Get rid of the center channel. I got rid of the bose amp and factory nav and went aftermarket- best move yet- and don't miss anything about the bose crap

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.