alittle modification to our front bumper
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, alittle modification to our front bumper in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Back story: I was driving home one day, when a semi truck driver decided to merge into my lane with ...
    platinum_V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 platinum Cts-V

alittle modification to our front bumper

Back story:

I was driving home one day, when a semi truck driver decided to merge into my lane with my RIGHT NEXT TO HIM!, I was already in the Left lane, I had no place to go but right into a orange construction barrel! the semi driver just kept going of course, so i managed to haul ass and catch up to him. I got infront of him and slow down until we both were stopped completely on the rode, thats when I called the cops. Anyway, he was given the ticket, and Im awaiting the police report to give to his company so they pay for the damages. I was quoted $2000. The barrel scartched up and cracked my bumper, dented the top of my fender, and completely ripped off my side mirror. So, knowning that the dealership was going to repair and repaint my bumper, i decided to do what ive always wanted to do!... get rid of the bar going under the fogs, and splitting the front bumper to look like the NEW V. I think it looks subtle, Stock kind of... anyway now pics....

\

----------

oh, and i bought the woven mesh for the sides, but im waiting for it to come in. so for now, ill have 2 empty holes instead of fogs. Oh and the new turn signal is the small driving light in the bottom corner of the headlight.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RVO27 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Nice! I like it! Glad you got justice on the accident.

kpalomo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Re: alittle modification to our front bumper

I like it a lot!!! Can you do a write up?

Thanks guys! Yea I'm glad I got justice also, I didn't want my insurance going up because of that guy. As far as a write, its actually quite easy just time comsuming, I took more pics of the process as it was coming along so ill post them soon. Oh and the bumper right now was just painted with color match paint from pep boys so it doesn't look real good. I just didn't want the primer to be showing so its just a temporary thing so it looks decent until I get it painted.

BigDaddy-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 04 LS6

That looks great actually! That first picture I was kind of wondering but I think it is fantastic! I wouldn't have the guts to do it to mine if it wasn't already jacked up I guess. I love my fogs but I like what you have done there too and think the turn signal idea is amazing!

BDV

xbladr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Im with ^^ I saw the first pic and was like OH NO then i see it finishes and it definitely looks good. Post up more pics im interesting in the process. I could never do that to a good bumper but in your case it turned out awesome.

Yea I guess in the first pic it looks like I just cut off the whole center and was planning on keeping it off haha. That would have looked horrible! Basically I cut the center off about 1/4" from the back , leaving the lower grille mounts on, that way I wouldnt have to mess with the mounts, then notched out roughly 1 1/2" from the section and just moved it in and expoxied it all back together inside and out. I cut two pieces of plexiglass I had to fill in the openings on the sides, and just fiberglassed bondo everything and now waiting for paint job. Hopefully next week ::fingers crossed::

Ill post pics once I get on my computer. Also, sorry for all the typos, predictive text from my phone always gets the best of me.

Are you located in Miami or the South Florida area? Just asking cause it looks like Miami.

Broward actually.

robojesus is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): of

that looks sick i like it

ONEBADCADDIE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V

I'm in Tampa. We need to get an all Florida meet goin. I like the bumper but the fogs I'm not sure.

A florida meet up would be cool. Thanks; once the mesh is in place of the fogs, it'll give it a more complete look. Still waiting on them.

Nice, I'm in Miami right now on leave. I'm stationed in San Diego. So I don't have my V here, but I do get to ride in my buddy's 2013 V.

Wingsfan4life is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V Black Raven
    I agree, it looks pretty darn good! The cool factor gets about 10 whp more as well...lol I replaced my headlight-running lights with led's, and I was thinking how to convert those to turn signals..lol..

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

It's a nice look, but others should be cautioned not to attempt this as it could interfere with the action of the diffuser and cause reduced stability at high speeds.
    barrok69 and barrok69 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.