Cadillac Owners Forum banner

alittle modification to our front bumper

13K views 49 replies 18 participants last post by  nikon 
#1 ·
Back story:

I was driving home one day, when a semi truck driver decided to merge into my lane with my RIGHT NEXT TO HIM!, I was already in the Left lane, I had no place to go but right into a orange construction barrel! the semi driver just kept going of course, so i managed to haul ass and catch up to him. I got infront of him and slow down until we both were stopped completely on the rode, thats when I called the cops. Anyway, he was given the ticket, and Im awaiting the police report to give to his company so they pay for the damages. I was quoted $2000. The barrel scartched up and cracked my bumper, dented the top of my fender, and completely ripped off my side mirror. So, knowning that the dealership was going to repair and repaint my bumper, i decided to do what ive always wanted to do!... get rid of the bar going under the fogs, and splitting the front bumper to look like the NEW V. I think it looks subtle, Stock kind of... anyway now pics....

\

----------

oh, and i bought the woven mesh for the sides, but im waiting for it to come in. so for now, ill have 2 empty holes instead of fogs. Oh and the new turn signal is the small driving light in the bottom corner of the headlight.

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks guys! Yea I'm glad I got justice also, I didn't want my insurance going up because of that guy. As far as a write, its actually quite easy just time comsuming, I took more pics of the process as it was coming along so ill post them soon. Oh and the bumper right now was just painted with color match paint from pep boys so it doesn't look real good. I just didn't want the primer to be showing so its just a temporary thing so it looks decent until I get it painted.

#5 ·
That looks great actually! That first picture I was kind of wondering but I think it is fantastic! I wouldn't have the guts to do it to mine if it wasn't already jacked up I guess. I love my fogs but I like what you have done there too and think the turn signal idea is amazing!

BDV

#7 ·
Yea I guess in the first pic it looks like I just cut off the whole center and was planning on keeping it off haha. That would have looked horrible! Basically I cut the center off about 1/4" from the back , leaving the lower grille mounts on, that way I wouldnt have to mess with the mounts, then notched out roughly 1 1/2" from the section and just moved it in and expoxied it all back together inside and out. I cut two pieces of plexiglass I had to fill in the openings on the sides, and just fiberglassed bondo everything and now waiting for paint job. Hopefully next week ::fingers crossed::

Ill post pics once I get on my computer. Also, sorry for all the typos, predictive text from my phone always gets the best of me.

#18 ·
Got the mesh in today, pretty much finished them, just need to mount them permanently and paint them black to match. Yes, the side mirror is still broken, the fender still dented, and the bumper not painted. The semi driver's company was dodging my phone calls for 3 days straight, finally had to get my wife to call and what do you know! they picked up. Apparently, a woman's voice obligates a man to answer the phone haha. Anyway, still waiting on the adjuster, hopefully it'll be in the bodyshop by next week.

#24 ·
I would have done the fog mesh grilles such that the pattern was in the diamond orientation as opposed to the squared, to stay consistent with the rest of the grille. but it looks great either way!

#26 · (Edited)
Can you take more pictures from different angles? Like a little more from the side of the car. No need to wait until it is painted. You my sir are quite creative. I want this!

----------

Your headlight eyebrow and washer cover on the driver side headlight are painted platinum too ?

Also, where did you get the mesh? It looks stainless?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.