Cadillac Owners Forum banner

alittle modification to our front bumper

13K views 49 replies 18 participants last post by  nikon 
#1 ·
Back story:

I was driving home one day, when a semi truck driver decided to merge into my lane with my RIGHT NEXT TO HIM!, I was already in the Left lane, I had no place to go but right into a orange construction barrel! the semi driver just kept going of course, so i managed to haul ass and catch up to him. I got infront of him and slow down until we both were stopped completely on the rode, thats when I called the cops. Anyway, he was given the ticket, and Im awaiting the police report to give to his company so they pay for the damages. I was quoted $2000. The barrel scartched up and cracked my bumper, dented the top of my fender, and completely ripped off my side mirror. So, knowning that the dealership was going to repair and repaint my bumper, i decided to do what ive always wanted to do!... get rid of the bar going under the fogs, and splitting the front bumper to look like the NEW V. I think it looks subtle, Stock kind of... anyway now pics....

\

----------

oh, and i bought the woven mesh for the sides, but im waiting for it to come in. so for now, ill have 2 empty holes instead of fogs. Oh and the new turn signal is the small driving light in the bottom corner of the headlight.

See less See more
#28 ·
Well I'm re-doing the mesh in the fogs to be diamond shapes to match the grille, ill post pics when I finish and mount them. The mesh IS stainless, cost $30 for a 12"x12" on ebay. Im just going to leave it mesh, I thought about putting a projector with a halo, but I like having just the headlights, (not a big "light" fan). Plus, maybe someday ill twinturbo the v and put the filters in that space! Haha if only!

Update on the repair:
After calling the adjuster (4 times in 5days) I finally spoke to his supervisor who got intouch with him and now just waiting until he come look at the car, hopefully tomorrow! Almost a month into this situation. Ridiculous.

#31 ·
Sorry about the accident. Hope the trucking company doesn't read this thread or they'll take half credit for your mod. Ha ha!

Looks good! If you were going to put fogs in somewhere, where could they go? Maybe to each end of the lower grill? Maybe not.

#33 ·
The eyebrows and washer covers are both wrapped to match the platinum. It was all covered with plastidip like the passenger light, but it was ripped off when I hit the barrel, I have to redo it. Ill take more pics of different angles tomorrow in the sun light.

As far fogs, I can still put fogs if I wanted to, the stock mounting holes/screws are still there, that what I'm using to mount the mesh.

Thank you all for the compliments, I'm glad u all like it. I can't wait to have it all painted and finished already!

#39 ·
I was waiting for u to put in ur negative comments ha. I'm suprised it took this long. I don't think u were ready to sell this car, u are way too inlove with it. And as far as speed, I was catching up to some cars so I had to let off. Eventually ill find a street with NO cars and do it again.

#40 ·
Haha. I do still love the car and just pissy that its not me modifying it anymore :(

I went in a completely different direction. Just bought a 14' grand Cherokee hemi

Sucks to hear about the damage too. I freaked when I got a rock chip in the hood!

Hope you keep enjoying it and she treats you well, I'm just a little grumpy she's gone :)

#41 ·
Those new Cherokees are beauitful! Nice choice. Yea the damage sucks but apparently I'm getting only a $1400 settlement check. So ill be fixing the bumper myself and buying a used side mirror and having them all painted. Already got quoted so I have a little extra cash which is nice. Ill be getting all new bushings (revshift craddle, diff, tranny, control arms) hopefully get rid of the wheel hop. I'm still trying to convice the wife to let me get headers instead of using the rest to pay bills lol, I don't think ill win that battle though.

#45 ·
Well a good family friend of mine is a painter for cadillac. Hes painting it for free just need to buy the paint. And I decided not to get control arm bushings, so it'll be like $300 for the rest of the bushings. Used side mirror was $90 on ebay. So that's $400, and paint I believe he said it was $180 for paint and sandpaper etc. So yea $1400 is lasting me a while, the headers battle was lost! So ill have to save for them.

#46 ·
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u244/big_swo_alex/20130716_082713_zpscf7736c2.jpg[/IMG

Update.. (pics not great, it was raining out so the car is wet )

Got my check; bought the side mirror, all revshift bushings, drivers window and kept the rest of the money. I fixed the dent on my fender myself so saved myself even more money.So I decided to try out a new paint job, I know many won't like it cuz its plastidip, but for $100 u can't go wrong. I can always peal it off whenever so I'm not worried , I see it as it'd protecting my original paint. The headlight aren't done, I have another set which ill be taking apart to paint the inside black and re doing the trim in black also.

----------

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u244/big_swo_alex/20130716_082713_zpscf7736c2.jpg

#48 ·
Its actually darker in person and less blue"ish". The pic really doesn't do it justice. I guess it does look batmobileish, which is great because that the look at I was going for. At night it looks soooo sick! Sinister kinda. Still need to get my calipers powder coated ZR1 blue or some kind of nice blue.

#49 ·
I bet in the dark that thing is sick! if I pulled up next to that in the dark I would be thinking "What is that and what has he done to it?" I still think it is a cool idea and something to play with. I think the guy in Germany who got his vinyl wrapped is sweet and something different. I still applaud you for your efforts and thinking outside the box! Giving me ideas too which my wife hates me having ideas! Hehe

BDV

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.