hydro dipped interior
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, hydro dipped interior in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; So Monday im dropping of some parts to get dipped and I'm just wondering if anybody has done this all ...
    H-town_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v

hydro dipped interior

So Monday im dropping of some parts to get dipped and I'm just wondering if anybody has done this all ready

I'm basically getting all the factory center bezel pieses done except for the a/c controls
    ForumRunner_20130608_001015.png

My goal is to not copy but be similar to the c6 w/ the carbon fiber center bezel like in this pic.

ForumRunner_20130608_001508.png

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

robojesus is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): of

Re: hydro dipped interior

hmmm.... i want to see how this pans out.

Ill keep this thread updated with every step along the way cause I think a lot of people will enjoy it.

I plan to rip out all the parts tonight.

xbladr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Good luck i would like to see how it all pans out

Here's the parts getting dipped all Broken down.

image-353321442.jpg

I tossed around the idea of using a tablet for a screen. So when I found out I was going a week with out my factory radio I decided to make a lil something. I had every thing I needed just laying around except the radio bezel so I decided to make this.

image-4053794601.jpg

image-3691994668.jpg

It's not perfect cuz I really just threw it together but it looks pretty cool. I also Just placed my a/c vents so it doesn't look so torn apart. Plus using a balancer app it's only .5* off, not to bad for a weekend project I did mostly drunk.
    robojesus likes this.

Haha plus I'm using some computer speakers that use USB power. I know it's super ghetto but I can't go a week without music in my ride.

xbladr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

As ghetto as it is its awesome lol... well done

Parts are dropped off!! I'm also getting the pieces that go behind the door handles done. I really hope this turns out good.

The shops gonna send me pics throughout the process. So Ill post em up.

image-3696518293.jpg

AAIIIC is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

I have to say I've never been impressed by pics I've seen of hydrodipped CF pattern, so I'm curious to see how yours looks when the parts are done.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC
    I have to say I've never been impressed by pics I've seen of hydrodipped CF pattern, so I'm curious to see how yours looks when the parts are done.
    The guy doing the work showed me a finished product in his f150 and it looked amazing. He also has a semi tinted clear coat that makes it not so shiny. I'm not sure if I'm gonna get the regular clear or the tinted one. I kinda think the shiny look would be a better contrast.

What have you seen that you didn't like? I'm not expecting 100% perfection but I am expecting about 95%.

Here's a c6 bezel that was dipped. I think it looks great.

image-3982635436.jpg

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Got any larger pics?

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

AAIIIC is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

^^^ What he said. All I can see in that tiny picture is a black piece of some car's interior. If there's a pattern on it, I can't see it.

As for what I didn't like of the ones I've seen, it just looked very flat and one-dimensional. CF, since it's a weave, has some depth to it. Hard to describe, I guess, but the hydro-dipped CF patterns I've seen just didn't look real at all.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

I'm waiting for the shop to send me some pics. I chose the darkest pattern cuz I am worried about it being to flashy.

This might be a better pic. But I'm just pulling these off google.

image-1340347053.jpg

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.