LED brake lights - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, LED brake lights in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by Playdrv4me All of these have the same inherent problem in my eyes. I got all excited about ...
    Mbai2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS DI 6 Speed Manual Black/Black w/ FE3 Fully Loaded

Re: LED brake lights

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
    All of these have the same inherent problem in my eyes. I got all excited about the LEDTRONICS ones until I saw the Toyota truck picture in customer testimonials. While the LEDTRONICS ones are far better in that they do have multidirectional capability, they STILL have that "hotspot" look which I dont like because it looks aftermarket. If anyone knows of a set that are maybe across a flat "breadboard" so it looks more natural, Id be all over those.

This "cobrahead" style, only available in full size right now, would probably also solve this problem due to the rear firing LED's that would utilize the reflectors inside the lamp to attain more of a warmer overall brightness...

Yikes, I didn't even see those until just now. I would have thought from the illustrations that the ledtronic bulbs give even lighting but I guess not. Maybe i'll stick with the stock bulbs after all.

To anyone who actually has these installed, can you post of photo of what they look like lit up? How apparent is the hot spot?

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
    All of these have the same inherent problem in my eyes. I got all excited about the LEDTRONICS ones until I saw the Toyota truck picture in customer testimonials. While the LEDTRONICS ones are far better in that they do have multidirectional capability, they STILL have that "hotspot" look which I dont like because it looks aftermarket. If anyone knows of a set that are maybe across a flat "breadboard" so it looks more natural, Id be all over those.

This "cobrahead" style, only available in full size right now, would probably also solve this problem due to the rear firing LED's that would utilize the reflectors inside the lamp to attain more of a warmer overall brightness...

Mbai... heres the testimonial pics from the website...

They definitely solve the brightness issue, but the hotspot is still very apparent. These would be awesome in the new vette.

c5racr1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 cts v

the bright spots also have a lot to do with the way the actual lens cover is made. above you have a very low end lens cover that does not have the light reflectors in the lens cover. if you look at a high end lens cover it has a light defuser built into the lens cover to help break up the hot spot caused by any bulb. I should have my lights today, (hopefully) when I get them I will post a daytime picture and a nightime picture.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

The "hot spot" is acceptable for a brake light (for me) because all I care about is the guy behind me having a good clear indication that I put my brakes on.

One doesn't need alot of diffusion to cover wide angles on a brake light, unless they are comming at you from all angles!

As for the other lamps, If you want wide coverage, then they may not be right for that application, but I also think that is a judgement call.

So far I have two people:disappoin who have sent me emails about the "group buy".
    Cmon guys!
    If you want them I need an email address,a quantity and which ones you want.

edwardteller2000@yahoo.com

lasstss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Its pretty impossible to get a good pic of what they look like. I believe I posted pics of it a while ago. First off you dont get a white center like these pics show. The lamp has red light so it is very red. It does have a 'bit' of a hot spot but they look damn good at night..

well I got mine and installed them, The turn signals are NOT a 3157, they are single post not dual post.

Impressions, they do look very red, not the red/orange of teh stock lights. they do light up faster though. IMO the hot spots anr not any worse than stock. as far as turn signals go I will figure out what post to cut, and give it a chop. If any one knows how to post pictures please send me an e-mail and I will post pictures. Or I can e-mail pictures to some one and they can post them.
    Bottom line is it worth 209.00, I guess if it keeps someone from hitting the back of me it is.

C5racr1@aol.com

JOEYCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by benjet
    On the front little triangle bulbs SUPPOSEDLY if you find someone with EXTRA SMALL HANDS they can get in there and get this ONE bulb out without doing a front bumpectomy. At least that's what I have heard, please don't try this at home, not repsonsible for injury or damage caused by people trying this without professional supervision blah blah blah
    Does anyone know the bulb #? I would also like to change that bulb to possibly another color or a white LED. Thanks.

I think a 3156, single post yellow turn signal. It is a single post. will let you know on wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by JOEYCTS-V
    Does anyone know the bulb #? I would also like to change that bulb to possibly another color or a white LED. Thanks.
    I think its a 168/921 lamp. They are available in colors, also LED.

JOEYCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan

Do you have pics of them in blue? Are these the ones?

http://autolumination.com/906.htm

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Taken from this link:

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...de/default.htm

2004 CADILLAC CTS (With HID (high intensity discharge) headlamps)

Low beam headlamp
    HID-D1S

High beam headlamp
    9005XS
    9005XSCB Cool Blue Halogen Upgrade: White Hot; Super Cool; 100% Street Legal

Parking light
    3157LL

Front turn signal
    3157LL

Rear turn signal
    3157LL

Tail light
    3157LL

Stop light
    3157LL

High mount stop light
    %COM

Fog/Driving light

License plate

Back up light
    3157LL

Rear sidemarker
    3157LL

Trunk/Cargo area
    211-2

well it mights say 3157LL but I tried the 3157 and thge yellow turn signal bulbs just stayed on like the tail lights. so bamy with the LED set up it needs a 3156? I will have a set of 3156 on wednesday and will let you know.

That appears to be the correct base... However, the bulb goes in from the rear. There is no clearance for that diameter!

No good, the osram list does not show the headlight marker.alignment lamp.
    Im pretty sure its a #168 glass wedge base lamp.

Xylar is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I think that they are 194 bulbs in front.

Is there any word about the group buy on these? Is this still going on?

Also, what needs to be done to make the amber flasher work? According to c5racr1 his amber stays on - so is there a different bulb needed?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.