LED brake lights - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, LED brake lights in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by Mbai2 I like the idea of replacing the little triangle lights but they are a PITA to ...
    benjet is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: LED brake lights

Quote Originally Posted by Mbai2
    I like the idea of replacing the little triangle lights but they are a PITA to access because you have to take off the front bumper. Anyway, that makes 10 bulbs! Now we just need to get 10 people to buy all ten bulbs.

PS. I'm still on the 8 or 6 bulb plan
    On the front little triangle bulbs SUPPOSEDLY if you find someone with EXTRA SMALL HANDS they can get in there and get this ONE bulb out without doing a front bumpectomy. At least that's what I have heard, please don't try this at home, not repsonsible for injury or damage caused by people trying this without professional supervision blah blah blah

lasstss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Just an fyi Guys. I have pretty big mits and I managed to get the guide bulbs out. I put blue tint bulbs in as they are pretty worthless. You can get at them but its not easy. I didnt remove the bumper. I believe you can get the headlamp out also if your hands are small enough. I almost had them out.

I have the white LED's in my truck backup. Dont waste your money. The purpose of the lamps is different. Tail lights and turns are for distance viewing by others. Headlights and backup lamps are for the driver. You need projection more for driving not visibility by others. If you get my drift..

Example, if you painted the pockets of a tail lamp reflector white, they are much brighter and far more visible than a chrome reflector. I could never figure out why tail light reflectors are chrome other than to give a sparkle effect.
    Especially when the red lens is a diffuser.

Anyway, put me in for 2 single contact 3157's I want to get rid of the amber turns. Thanks.

PHUQKINFAST is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Why he hell not ? I'm in for 8.

Quote Originally Posted by lasstss
    Anyway, put me in for 2 single contact 3157's I want to get rid of the amber turns. Thanks.
    So what does the amber lens look like with the reb bulb?

Curious

-Ben

Crap, Is it amber? I thought it was clear with an amber lamp?? I gotta go look..

I looked

Your right, so much for noticing detail. Scratch my 2. As I already have 4 in.
    Unless,.... they give the same price and let you mix em up. Then I will go with 2 yellow if they let you do it and it helps..

Quote Originally Posted by lasstss
    Crap, Is it amber? I thought it was clear with an amber lamp?? I gotta go look..

I looked

Your right, so much for noticing detail. Scratch my 2. As I already have 4 in.
    Unless,.... they give the same price and let you mix em up. Then I will go with 2 yellow if they let you do it and it helps..
    So what (bulb number) are the little front ones?

So it's NOT a good idea to do the whites in the rear, CHECK, but you think the ambers will work well in the turn signals..hmm...

I dont have the info but they are the common GM side marker phillps style bulb. Has the 2 wire contacts w/o a metal base.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals
    Here is the price break for the LEDtronics bulb replacements

Part #3157 (red or amber)

10) $29.25@
    50) $26.00@
    100) $22.75@

Tax (if any) and shipping are seperate. If I coordinate this, I will use US mail so price for shipping (in US) will be same for all.

For any real savings I would probably go for 50.
    Unless we get some interest in some other threads that use the same part #, then 100.
    Anyway, let me know who is interested.
    I figure we can get a final count on interest within a week(?).

edwardteller2000@yahoo.com
    The quantity buy if for one color no mixing.

They recommend that you use same color as lens (clear lens can use any color).

If you will send me your email address I will put a group email together.

As for payment, I am gonna see if I can beat Calif sales tax (8.5%).

BUILDINGCTSAMG is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

This is kind of a crappy way to set up a group buy, we need to get more of an idea of a price before we all jump into this. Does someone want to be officially in charge of this? Also post this in the group buys section and link from both the cts and cts-v section

I have no problem with putting the deal together.
    As of yet no one has sent me an email.
    I mentioned I would wait one week to make the order.

CapeCodCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member

And your email address would be? Your profile prevents emails from the site. (or is this a "duh" and I did something wrong?)

Mbai2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS DI 6 Speed Manual Black/Black w/ FE3 Fully Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by CapeCodCTSV
    And your email address would be? Your profile prevents emails from the site. (or is this a "duh" and I did something wrong?)
    B: this is a "duh." Look at post number 53

Anyone know what kind of light bulb is used on the side of the taillight behind the reflective part?

darvish is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 sedan , 11 Wagon

IM confused... is there THAT much of a difference bewteen LEDrtonics bulbs and Superbright LED bulbs?? i just did ALL my 3157s with 21 LED bulbs for about 60 and change,,
    the LEDtronics bulbs better be DAMNED good..

Bill

Here is a link:
    http://www.ledtronics.com/ds/aut3157/

Go to the bottom of the page on this link:
    http://www.superbrightleds.com/1157.htm

Has anyone replaced all the ambers and had no problem with the turn signal?

edwardteller2000@yahoo.com

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Quote Originally Posted by Mbai2
    They are no where near the quality. It looks like these are just a few cheap LED's put together on an array that points forward. This would give you a concentrated beam of light since LED's are very directional, unlike incandescent light bulbs. The ledtronic.com LED's not only have the front facing LED's but it also looks like they have an array of side emitters underneath the forward facing array to give more light off in the side directions. This leads to brighter and safer usage when compared to the cheaper LED arrays.

All of these have the same inherent problem in my eyes. I got all excited about the LEDTRONICS ones until I saw the Toyota truck picture in customer testimonials. While the LEDTRONICS ones are far better in that they do have multidirectional capability, they STILL have that "hotspot" look which I dont like because it looks aftermarket. If anyone knows of a set that are maybe across a flat "breadboard" so it looks more natural, Id be all over those.

This "cobrahead" style, only available in full size right now, would probably also solve this problem due to the rear firing LED's that would utilize the reflectors inside the lamp to attain more of a warmer overall brightness...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.