2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, 2005 CTS-V rear speakers 6 3/4" installed in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I found a textured vinyl at Joanne's fabric store that is dang near perfect match to the door panels. Here's ...
- 04-14-13 04:33 PM #1
2005 CTS-V rear speakers 6 3/4" installed
I found a textured vinyl at Joanne's fabric store that is dang near perfect match to the door panels. Here's how I installed a 6 3/4" speaker in the rear doors with no mod and the ability to go back to stock:
1) remove door panel, unplug speaker, unscrew speaker from door panel, unscrew nuts that hold speaker grill on, put door panel back on.
2) use stock grill as template, make new insert out of 1/4" Masonite, cut new speaker hole in insert, stretch vinyl around new insert.
3) install speaker, wire to stock speaker wire, use 1 1/2" drywall screws to mount speaker to insert + insert to door panel.
Solid as a rock, sounds great, no mods to door panel, factory speaker and grill and go back in.
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- Dry Guy MaxxDry - Portable Boot And Shoe Dryer
Portable Boot And Shoe Dryer - Portable Boot And Shoe Dryer
- Energizer - LED Task Light
LED Task Light - Hard Case Professional Series; 20 Lumens; Includes 2 AA Alkaline BatteriesMore on Energizer - LED Task Light
- Sylvania SilverStar ULTRA - Halogen Bulb
Halogen Bulb - H13 SilverStar ULTRA Headlight Bulb, 2 pack