Front License Plate...Message for cops, beemers and ricers
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree12Likes
  • 7 Post By EdmundGTP
  • 5 Post By EdmundGTP
  • 9 Post By Manofmetal01
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Front License Plate...Message for cops, beemers and ricers in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; In Florida, the state doesn't issue front tags. So, I thought I would use the space for a little personalized ...
    Stalicone is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Front License Plate...Message for cops, beemers and ricers

In Florida, the state doesn't issue front tags. So, I thought I would use the space for a little personalized message for the rear-view mirrors of the haters out there...

IMG_3625a.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Front License Plate...Message for cops, beemers and ricers

How it looks in the rear view mirror....

IMG_3625b.jpg

EdmundGTP is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

DrSpeed, DrSpeed, etcts-v and 4 others like this.

Oh Puhleeeze....Haven't you ever seen "National Lampoons Animal House"? Cutsie and smartassed, doesn't mean "Badass", although if that's how you interpret it, so be it.

I'm sorry, but when you plaster something across the outside front of your vehicle, you leave it open to interpretation by everyone, and therefore should be willing to accept whatever reactions you receive because of it. If you seek attention in that manner, you'll probably get some. Whether or not it's the type of attention that you desire is a different story. You posted this on a public forum to obviously elicit some type of response (otherwise you wouldn't have bothered posting), and I'm sharing my thoughts on it. In my honest opinion it looks tacky and juvenile, and unfortunately (or maybe fortunately depending on how you see it) it projects the same, of whoever is driving the car. Short answer; it makes you look like an idiot. Not saying you are. I don't know you and I'm not judging you personally. Just saying that is what would immediately come to mind if I saw your car rolling along on the highway, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. That said, it's your car and you can do whatever the hell you want with it. But don't come back and say that you don't care what anyone else thinks about it, because if you truly didn't care this thread wouldn't have existed in the first place....

Manofmetal01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V Kooks 1 7/8, Corsa, KW Var 3, Hotchkis sways
    The part I don't understand is why on earth would someone want to put something on the front when a plate is not required by law...even when a plate is required by law, my car did not have one, multiple tickets were issued, and now I live where I dont need one.
    DrSpeed, DrSpeed, Andringa and 6 others like this.

Indeed, I actually must agree with you on one thing; Freedom of speech is for everyone, whether it is my tongue in cheek, irreverent and obscure reference (Yes, it's a gag) or your denigration of it. I also must agree with you that I posted it to elicit reactions albeit; to make folks chuckle, tongue in cheek, lighthearted and humorous. I certainly didn't post it to start deep philosophical discussions about my motivation for doing so. You see me as "juvenile" and an "idiot", fine I can accept that. I see you as unnecessarily humorless, angry and judgmental. See? That is the essence of speech! It provokes discussion (even argument). I'm so glad we understand each other! Mission accomplished! BTW...You're only 30? You're gonna get old way too fast! I'm 51 brother, and here's some unsolicited advice; Lighten up!

Well, my answer is, being in Florida where no front plates are issued, The front license plate frame becomes a free area for pretty much any message you want, as long as it isn't another License plate from another state. I've seen everything from college football plates (Go Gators) to armed forces plates (Army, Navy Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard) to personal messages (Bitch on board, complete with flowers and a diamond ring). What I wanted to do was, have a legible message in your rear view mirror, yes, an irreverent, obscure, even offensive message. It's a play on, numbers, letters and words, nothing more (3M TA3). And it obviously pisses people off, judging by Edmund's reaction....So now, it will most definitely stay there.

Eh.. Doesn't affect me personally. Pissed off? Hardly. Just offering criticism. Good to see it was accepted in stride. Like I said, it's your car; go 'head and do your thing with it.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

I use the plate for a front camera mount.

All good brother.

BTW - Edmund, I was having a conversation with a friend of mine about your comment (the "3M TA3" gets a lot of discussion) and he said, (and I love this) "Yes, that plate IS juvenile and idiotic - if you're a 22 year old kid, but as a 51 year old guy, its kitschy." (LOL - Priceless, I have such smart friends!)

robojesus is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): of

i actually laughed at it tbh. I'd like to get one across my windshield banner that said move over, and points to the slow lane.

And that's all I wanted...was to bring a smile to someones face! Hooray!

robojesus is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): of

don't worry about other douches my dude. they're the same ones that will slap a roll cage in their luxury sedan and go make 400 rwhp after paying someone else a bazillion dollars to install overpriced heads and cam on it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.