Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Blacked Out Thread

52K views 142 replies 43 participants last post by  D3l7a3ch0 
#1 ·
I'm planning on blacking out my rear tail lights, reverse lights, as well as blacking out the rest of the front of my V.

Post up pics of how you have your fronts\rears blacked. Did you keep the chrome outline on the grill? Did you black it all out? Did you black half the fog light? The whole thing?

I'm interested in seeing pictures so I can decide what I should and shouldn't do.

Right now, I have blacked wheels, half blacked fogs (signals), mesh in grill blacked with chrome outline, blacked side markers, but nothing done at the rear. I also haven't had the chance on blacking out the bottom grill, but I'm thinking whether I should black the entire thing, or try to leave some of the silver trim on the sides.

See less See more
#4 ·
DrSpeed said:
All black in the front, painted the headlight surround, inside of the headlight housing (from gray to black, and got rid of all the chrome). Blacked out emblems, grille, and mesh.

And a Rigid LED light bar. <hahahaha>
If anything I'd have the light bar in the lower grill, but that's just me. Love my rigid lights in my truck! It's always daytime driving now.

#19 ·
I really like this thread as I'm planning on blacking some things out.

My plan is blacked out mesh (leave the chrome around the grill), plastidip my rims and blacking out some (possibly most) of my lights.

As soon as my body heals I will be doing some of this stuff as well as posting up some pics.

Oh, I'd also like to paint my calipers. Really like the way the yellow looks.

#24 ·
253ctsv said:
My car is going to the shop this weekend. Smoke lights, powder coat rims and grille matte black, take off the cts and matte black the V's maybe paint calipers. Ill post pics hopefully next weekend
If you need a good powder coating place let me know, I got a guy that does great work for good prices in Preston, did my wheels and calipers.

#32 ·
Thanks for all the pics guys. Some clean lookin cars in here.

I just finished dipping my wheels, grill, bottom grill, and full grill surround in black. Car is dirty as hell so no pics today. Maybe tomorrow or Tuesday, latest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.