Blacked Out Thread - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Blacked Out Thread in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; wut....
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    wut.

D3l7a3ch0 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Black-on-Black

Re: Blacked Out Thread

success!

Destram is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

They've washed it twice before, and it always looked great. It's been a week and I haven't been able to go get that wash because of rain, so it's probably too late to ask for it now, so it looks like I'm washing it myself anyway.

Matt4949 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS 3.6 Black/Black; 05 CTS-V Black/Black

Again, I know it's not a V... but I've done some work since the pics I posted on the first page.
    Also finished the full headlight retrofit with FX-R 3.0 projectors. Will probably do a full write up on that when I get ambitious...
    Let me know what ya'll think! Stockers for now but new rims and new tints are in order I think.

]

ctsvoom is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts-v

Since yours is black and I have the same wheels sitting in my garage waiting on tires. What did you use to color the grill pieces upper/lower? i want to black out the front but wasnt sure it was something i could door would be making a trip to the painter.

QUOTE=EnV;3251908]

[/QUOTE]
    Matt4949 and Matt4949 like this.

EnV
    EnV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 V

Honestly, I've been thinking about plastidipping it. I had a buddy of mine that does paint work do it a few months ago and it's all chipped up. The lower grill looks pretty terrible up close.

Matt4949 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS 3.6 Black/Black; 05 CTS-V Black/Black

I used plastidip at first, but didn't think the matte finish matched the car enough on the grills. I just used ultra cover black and some clear, 3 coats of each. It still gets chipped up slightly but I'm neurotic so I touch it up once every other week or so. If you really want to get it done right, I suggest powdercoating, or you'll be touching up.

For what it's worth, as a temporary fix (hated the stock alloy color) I love the matte finish the plastidip gave on the wheels.

By the way, ctsvoom, LOVE your wheels. The accessory rims are IMO the best looking on the cts. Looking for something as similar as I can in gloss black with a chrome lip.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Plastidip has a glossifier. Also, I would powdercoat. Those grilles will never look bad powdercoated. Find a good one and it's less than $100...

Destram is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Finally got the back window tinted and gave the car a quick wash.

Matt4949 and Matt4949 like this.

LS6CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member

HI everyone! Just bought my CTS-V about two months ago. It was stock except for some bolt ons. Heres where I am so far.

253ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by LS6CTSV
    HI everyone! Just bought my CTS-V about two months ago. It was stock except for some bolt ons. Heres where I am so far.

Nice car man. Looks clean

LS6CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by 253ctsv View Post
    Nice car man. Looks clean
    Thanks bro! I think I might lower it a little and then Im going to work on some performance mods. I would like to get some wheels but eventually I would like to upgrade to an 09 and up so it might not be a good investment lol!

ctsvoom is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Those aren't my wheels or my car, but I have a black one and I have a set of those wheels waiting to go on the car sittin in the garage floor. I'd really like to black out the grills and leave the emblem chrome just like the car in the pics though.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt4949 View Post
    I used plastidip at first, but didn't think the matte finish matched the car enough on the grills. I just used ultra cover black and some clear, 3 coats of each. It still gets chipped up slightly but I'm neurotic so I touch it up once every other week or so. If you really want to get it done right, I suggest powdercoating, or you'll be touching up.

For what it's worth, as a temporary fix (hated the stock alloy color) I love the matte finish the plastidip gave on the wheels.

By the way, ctsvoom, LOVE your wheels. The accessory rims are IMO the best looking on the cts. Looking for something as similar as I can in gloss black with a chrome lip.

thefulmonty_07 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Rez Rider is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by D3l7a3ch0 View Post
    :-D tyty but oh my god i'm so glad i did

I went ahead and sprayed the lower mesh, which I was avoiding, but then said
    "why not" while the bumper was off. it has a break in the trim along the bottom,
    anyway, so -oh well-

these halos... I've never had something make me so...

I buttoned everything up just in time for my second/last class of the day, and
    it was dark when I got out.. oh my goddddd

within minutes I had an old lady flash her high beams at me. YESSSS

I love this car more than -ever- more than when I saw it on Gran Turismo, when
    i caught them on the street, when I drove it off the used lot... this V has never
    looked this good, not even new.

my partner in crime, and yes I feel so criminal driving by the light of dual halos...
    I can barely see over the light of my DASH.

with the blacked out reverse lights, I have to tap the brakes just to catch a
    glimpse of what's behind me-- and if I don't want to get pulled over, I have to
    blend in with a group of cars

I don't even want to speed anymore. I want to lurk down dark streets and creep
    under broken street lamps, and make people wonder...

what the hell is that?
    WHOOSH
    what the hell was that?

That is one bad ass V brutha! Love it!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.