20inch rims on cts-v 2004
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, 20inch rims on cts-v 2004 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hello I'm new on here and also to the cts-V. Well I have an 2004 V and I lowerit withH&R ...
    worldwarbullies is offline Cadillac Owners Member

20inch rims on cts-v 2004

Hello I'm new on here and also to the cts-V. Well I have an 2004 V and I lowerit withH&R springs. I just have a shop order me some 20inch Lexani R-6. The company claims it well fit perfect. My concern is well it rub? What can I do to help it not rub? Fender Roll? Smaller tires? Please help

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ONEBADCADDIE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V

Re: 20inch rims on cts-v 2004

Make sure they know it's a V with 6 lugs..not the stock CTS with 5. Not a lot out there for us and if so big $$$.. As of fitment I'm not sure I've never really researched anything over 19s

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

I'm guessing you have no idea what size and offset the wheels are, am I correct?

Assuming the wheels are the proper width and offset, and assuming you order the correct size tires to match the stock width and diameter, there's no reason to think this setup will be any more prone to rubbing than the stock wheels and tires.
    carlson_mn and carlson_mn like this.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Ok. Thanks guys. Lets see what happens when I get them in. The guy at the shop told me if it doesn't fit then he refund me my money. I'll post up pic next week

xbladr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Looking forward to seeing the wheels

barrok69 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Maggied

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    I'm guessing you have no idea what size and offset the wheels are, am I correct?

Assuming the wheels are the proper width and offset, and assuming you order the correct size tires to match the stock width and diameter, there's no reason to think this setup will be any more prone to rubbing than the stock wheels and tires.
    Even if he matches the stock OD, this combo with 20" wheel will be "bigger" than an 18" setup mainly because of the lack of sidewall deflection and usually a more square tire setup. As wheel size goes up SLR goes up too. What ends up happening is it will give it the monster truck effect (raising the vehicle). He's on a lowered car so it shouldn't be so bad. But with H&R's I can't imagine there's much room for 20" in that envelope given how much those springs drop the car.

"how do I delete double posts"

lilgCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06CTS-V BOLT-ON,06JEEP TJ BUILT, 91 350SDL turbo(daily)

i have 20"s on my V fit perfectly fine.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by barrok69 View Post
    Even if he matches the stock OD, this combo with 20" wheel will be "bigger" than an 18" setup mainly because of the lack of sidewall deflection and usually a more square tire setup. As wheel size goes up SLR goes up too. What ends up happening is it will give it the monster truck effect (raising the vehicle).
    Huh? How would running the same diameter tires raise the vehicle? And unless he's running a very aggressive offset, the amount of sidewall deflection isn't going to make or break the fitment.

Quote Originally Posted by lilgCTS-V View Post
    i have 20"s on my V fit perfectly fine.
    ... he said, while providing zero useful information on wheel specs, tire sizing, or suspension setup.
    etcts-v and etcts-v like this.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    Huh? How would running the same diameter tires raise the vehicle? And unless he's running a very aggressive offset, the amount of sidewall deflection isn't going to make or break the fitment.

... he said, while providing zero useful information on wheel specs, tire sizing, or suspension setup.
    If you have an 18" and 20" wheel sitting next to each other on the floor with the same OD tires they will measure the same OD. As soon as you apply the vehicle weight to that assembly the load of the vehicle changes and deforms the lower portion of the tire sidewall. Measuring the height of the assembly...the 18" assembly will be shorter from the ground to the top of the tire compared to a 20" assembly....even though both tires have the same OD. There is more wheel ie. less deformable area with the 20" assembly. There are SLR (static loaded radius) calculators that you can use to calculate the difference in height.

H&R springs drop 1.2 inch in front and 1 inch in backs

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ

Quote Originally Posted by worldwarbullies View Post
    H&R springs drop 1.2 inch in front and 1 inch in backs
    You are incorrect sir! haha They publish a 1.2 inch in front and 1 inch in back but it is widely known the drop is considerably more. On average you can expect around a 1.8" drop, mine was more like 2.0" drop.

Yea bro. That's what I was thinking also. I was like it look more then an inch drop.

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ

Quote Originally Posted by worldwarbullies View Post
    Yea bro. That's what I was thinking also. I was like it look more then an inch drop.
    Exactly why I went to Coilovers!

NCOGNITO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V - Black Raven

There's a set on LS1Tech classifieds with pics: http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-c...s-forsale.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.