Stock Tire Sizes - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Stock Tire Sizes in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; ...
    D3l7a3ch0 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Black-on-Black

Re: Stock Tire Sizes

so... look for the bulge next time? i must be out of pracitce.

like.

posted from my CasioŠ calculator watch

WesH8398 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V
    FWIW, I love my tires. Had a set on my previous vehicle (mustang), have a (summer) set on my wife's Mazda3 highway warrior that sees 50,000+ kilometers a year of mileage, and have a set on my V (going into second season soon). Again, love em. I don't race with them or anything, but they grip well for rippin around the streets and on/off ramps. The wear rate is very reasonable. They're a comfortable ride. And IMO they look pretty hot too. I get comments on em all the time.
    The brand is much more prominent in Europe (they're OE on a few "super cars" made over there), but have gained exposure in the N. American market since I got my first set 5 or 6 years ago. I don't think they're too hard to find anymore. The manufacturer is Vredestein, and this particular model is the Ultrac Sessanta.

barrok69 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Maggied

Quote Originally Posted by WesH8398 View Post
    FWIW, I love my tires. Had a set on my previous vehicle (mustang), have a (summer) set on my wife's Mazda3 highway warrior that sees 50,000+ kilometers a year of mileage, and have a set on my V (going into second season soon). Again, love em. I don't race with them or anything, but they grip well for rippin around the streets and on/off ramps. The wear rate is very reasonable. They're a comfortable ride. And IMO they look pretty hot too. I get comments on em all the time.
    The brand is much more prominent in Europe (they're OE on a few "super cars" made over there), but have gained exposure in the N. American market since I got my first set 5 or 6 years ago. I don't think they're too hard to find anymore. The manufacturer is Vredestein, and this particular model is the Ultrac Sessanta.

Those remind of Parada Spec 2's (cool looking junk tire). I can't imagine they are any good in the rain with the way those channels are designed Vredestein doesn't really do much business over in the USA. They do however have some pretty neat compact inflatable spare tire designs.

As I said, I'm more than happy with em. Otherwise I wouldn't have purchased them 3 times. Rain traction is great, IMO. Significantly excessive highway speeds in the rain have never felt unstable. It's not saying much, but these tires were WAY better than the OEM Eagle F1's - especially in the rain! I give em much better ratings on the auto-x course and just daily bombing around the city too. I definitely took a chance on the first set, but I'm glad I did now! Ill be a Vredestein customer for years to come.

you ever take it off any sweet jumps?

Quote Originally Posted by D3l7a3ch0 View Post
    you ever take it off any sweet jumps?
    Naw ... I throw my Eagle F1's (get it? Eagle? F1? Flying?) and "blacked out" oem's on there with a squeaky-ass GC kit (adjusted all the way down in the front so there's a 6" fender gap) for jumps. Then I add my front bumper lip for extra lift-off.

hahahahhaha screw you, guy. rofl.

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

D3l7a3ch0 and D3l7a3ch0 like this.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by vcaddy06 View Post
    Actually if you learned how to read in grade school like the rest of us, having an "awesome tread design" is not the only thing I stated about them. I also stated that they are super grippy and long lasting. I should also mention (since I'm buying my second set) the kdw2 are not loud as you may assume. Again...just my opinion...if that's ok with you tbjs.
    Don't you worry about my level of reading. I certainly saw your post. All of it. I also noticed the tread design was the first thing mentioned. Grip was last. That typically lends to your interest in each. I don't assume anything on loudness since I've never owned them. There were always much better max performance tires to buy...

----------

Quote Originally Posted by D3l7a3ch0 View Post
    actually, vcaddy, we don't talk about how tbjs got his V... (it involved the death of his V1)
    The death of the V1 had almost nothing to do with my V2. The V1 was paid off and was to become the garage queen. The V2 was planned for purchase in the summer/fall of 2010. To have along with the V1. The accident just got me itching to buy a V2. And when GM offered 0% financing in Nov of '09, I jumped. Might have done that even if I still had the '04...

----------

Oh, and while the memories of the accident are painful, I've never shied away from talking about it or posting pics. So if you're trying to dredge up some hurt feelings, you're failing...

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

What inlays are those...that are black, gray, silver... ?? Mine are i'm different levels of fading and would like yo lose the color.

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    What inlays are those...that are black, gray, silver... ?? Mine are i'm different levels of fading and would like yo lose the color.
    No comprendo...

If you're referring to the V emblem overlays; they're from 8th Day. Cool products, but brutally run business. If you order anything from 'em, you'll receive your stuff somewhere between 3 weeks and a year from when you ordered it. lol

JDB

No comprendo...

If you're referring to the V emblem overlays; they're from 8th Day. Cool products, but brutally run business. If you order anything from 'em, you'll receive your stuff somewhere between 3 weeks and a year from when you ordered it. lol
    Yes, sorry... on my phone and it auto-corrected a few words.

My V badges are fading especially the pass side and I'd like to lose the color. I'm sure it's sacrilege to the brand but they look terrible up close and I can only assume another set will fade. So, either de badge everything or find some inlays. Now that I see your skull under the 3rd brake light, I should've known where you got them... I think the last time I read about 8th Day ...they were out of business.

I just got a few more things from them a few weeks ago, so they were still in business then. Judging by their communication skills, you'd sure think they were shut down tho. lol

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    Yes, sorry... on my phone and it auto-corrected a few words.

My V badges are fading especially the pass side and I'd like to lose the color. I'm sure it's sacrilege to the brand but they look terrible up close and I can only assume another set will fade. So, either de badge everything or find some inlays. Now that I see your skull under the 3rd brake light, I should've known where you got them... I think the last time I read about 8th Day ...they were out of business.
    I'm about to make the emblems black. I saw an example of black V badges on someone's V2 coupe some time ago. They looked good

JDB

I just got a few more things from them a few weeks ago, so they were still in business then. Judging by their communication skills, you'd sure think they were shut down tho. lol
    How long before that did you order? Nice to know they're still kicking.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.