We Now Have More Aftermarket Wheels Available In Our Bolt Pattern (Details Inside) - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, We Now Have More Aftermarket Wheels Available In Our Bolt Pattern (Details Inside) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by Hockeyref I have Lorenzo's on my 06-V... Model? Sizes? Offsets? Providing the specs will help the OP's ...
    AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: We Now Have More Aftermarket Wheels Available In Our Bolt Pattern (Details Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyref View Post
    I have Lorenzo's on my 06-V...
    Model? Sizes? Offsets? Providing the specs will help the OP's quest.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Hockeyref is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Black CTSV

Re: We Now Have More Aftermarket Wheels Available In Our Bolt Pattern (Details Inside

How about that - I found the bill from my rims - Lorenzo WL28 18X8 6X115 32mm CHRM. Cost me $379/rim but please remember this is in Canada - generally our prices are higher.

mikemjohnson is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 2006 CTS-V

well guys OP is delivering, but not with the best of news. looked into the lorenzos with the manufacturer, everything would be a green light except the wheel barely doesnt work for our crazy bolt pattern. it can be drilled for 6, but very limited; the mounting side of the wheel has the pockets between the bolt points, so it just wont work.

they advised me on these working for our pattern
    Lorenzo WL198, brand new for 2013 design. forged 2 piece. look very similar to GM option wheels.
    Lorenzo_WL_198_Machined_Black-2pcs.jpg
    Lorenzo_WL_198_Machined_Silver-2pcs.jpg

however, two concerns, one being size and offset availability, only available in 20s, and i think they're going to stick out too much (only available in 9 wide with 38 offset, so it calcs to extending 10mm beyond current wheels, with 2mm less inner clearance). 10mm is less than half an inch, but our cars are pretty flush from the factory.

the lorenzos posted in the first post (wl036) were perfect, offered in 18 and 20 inch diameters

The other concern is these are forged two piece barrel wheels, so the price is higher than the first posted wheels. will investigate further gentlemen

mackey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Black
    keep us posted and thanks for doing the legwork

Just as a data point, the Team Dynamics wheels that many of us run are 18x9" +38mm, so a 9" wheel with a +38mm offset isn't outside the realm of possibility.

good information, got a picture of them installed that show how they line up with the body?

BradCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2005 CTS-V

Mike- Speaking for myself and possibly others, I would only be interested if I can run 275 or larger rear tires. The optimal minimum rim width is at least 9.5".
    Also, I would be looking for 19" wheels, not 20".

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust

No 18 inch setups? I really want some team dynamics but if I can find a similar wheel at a better price I would be down. I like to road race though so I don't want a 20.

BlackMamba408 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS V

hi xbladr, did the 20's fit all around?? rear and front?? what size of tires did you go with?? i wanna go 20's on mine and maybe 275's 285's on rear.

xbladr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I am currently running the dvinci 20's. I would have to check the exact specs as I do not have them off hand. I run 245's front and 275's rear without any issues. With my dvincis I did use a 3mm spacer in the back to clear the caliper. I am not slammed however if I was you definitely may get some rubbing the rear but, again I am also stretched out 3mm.

OP: I like the WL198 with the machined face and black backset. 20's are the size i would be looking for just to keep my current tires setup but, what kind of cost would we be looking at? I still love the wheels in the original post too but love the machined face idea.

AAIIIC where did you get those measurements from? the cadillacFAQ site or somewhere else? Will end up measuring myself, but they're a good starting point.

well guys ive been working with multiple vendors, many of who ive worked with in the past with previous jobs, and this is tough. im not giving up.

i hate to kind of veer off the original path, but it is becoming more and more clear that multi-piece wheels are going to be the solution. it is simply easier and cheaper for a company to drill a wheel disc than to have a whole wheel cast in our bolt pattern; most wheels that are normally five lug have this design in the mould, making a six bolt drill using blanks impossible:
    back-of-wheel.jpg

ive been working with a company that is willing to work and produce three piece forged wheels at an EXTREMELY reasonable price. half of what an ADV.1 one wheel would cost, the same price as a premium one piece would cost (vossen, etc). backed by warranties, why wouldnt we want some beautiful three piece wheels at the price of a cast wheel?

Here are some designs we've determined that would tentatively work between the six bolt lug pattern and wheel designs. some of the designs are based off existing wheels out there, some off factory designs, some are new and fresh:

(full size image link: http://i.imgur.com/9ktfHgj.png)

what do you guys think

(EDIT: spelling)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemjohnson View Post
    AAIIIC where did you get those measurements from?
    My garage.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemjohnson View Post
    Here are some designs we've determined that would tentatively work between the six bolt lug pattern and wheel designs. some of the designs are based off existing wheels out there, some off factory designs, some are new and fresh:

(full size image link: http://i.imgur.com/9ktfHgj.png)

what do you guys think
    #1 is similar to the Linea Corse Veneto, which is available in 19x8.5/10 or 19x8.5/9.5. Very sharp looking wheels, but unless you'd be offering different sizing it seems like that might be a hard sell.

Looks like #2/3 is the same wheel, just different angles. Not bad looking. When I got the Rota Torques made I tried to get some interest in the Rota Grid, as it's a meaty 6-spoke design that I figured would match up well to the car. Didn't get much interest at all, though.

#4 I don't like.

#5/6 is sharp. I think that sort of BBS-ish style would look great on our cars. Looks similar to the Niche Circuit and Demoda Vanquish that I recommended to one of the V6 guys looking for wheels.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

xbladr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

5/6 are the best looking and I would lean towards 5 most likely

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust

I like #2/#3 the best... Love big 6 spoke wheels like that, almost like the Gramm lights/Volk wheels

BradCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2005 CTS-V

I like #2 and #3 also.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.