Interior Detailing help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Interior Detailing help in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Looking for some model specific detailing help after spending about an hour searching the forums. What do you guys use ...
    fej
    fej is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Thunder Gray CTS-V

Interior Detailing help

Looking for some model specific detailing help after spending about an hour searching the forums. What do you guys use on the dash and related interior bits? Looking mainly for protection with a touch of shine. 07 cts-v thunder grey/grey (but I don't think that matters they are all the same dashes right?)

Thanks in advance
    Fej

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I don't want shine on my dash. I keep an interior duster to keep dust and debris off. Then hit it with Griot's Garage interior cleaner every once in a great while. Maybe 2-3 times per year. The duster I use every week.

Every couple of days in my work car.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: Interior Detailing help

I use our central house vac (located in the garage) with that little round brush attachment on the horizontal surfaces (door sills, etc) and general dash area. Doesn't scratch anything and really sucks the dust particles up. Car stays garaged, so I don't worry about sun damage.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

PISNUOFF Guest

Mildly soapy water.

Joe_Shmoe is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'll normally use one of the cloths that I used to dry my car after washing with Optimum No Rinse. You can also buy an all-in-one cleaner, a bunch of companies make them, $10-15/gallon. That'd last a couples years just doing interiors (it'll do carpet, leather, plastic, plus outside stuff like strip wax/bugs/engine detail if mixed stronger). I used Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant, and thought it did real well. It added a very small amount of gloss, but I didn't like having a product for something I used once a quarter. If I use ONR every other month, it looks just as good as with the Meguiar's stuff.

RobF300 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan HIS, 2012 CTS4 coupe- Her's

303 protectant, just the slightest sheen, darkens and richens color slightly. Perfect and just right

fej
    fej is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Thunder Gray CTS-V
    Thanks for the tips guys, going to try some 303 first since I have it and go from there

Fej

worldwarbullies is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    As for me being a detailer for years now. The simple thing to use is basic conditioner on leather and interior dressing on doors dash etc.

Dan_Gurney is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 - CTS-V

303 is great stuff, i use that on my jeep top and about all the plastic/rubber on it. But I also really like Meguairs #40 :http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-Vinyl...ds=meguiars+40

it works really good on tires too, it makes them look nice and new/clean and not the unnatural overtly glossy look most other products have

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.