Question on removing emblems..
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Question on removing emblems.. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; This is now my third cts (silver 2003 3.6, silver 2005 V1, Black 2005 Maggied V [current]) On both my ...
    ZackLakatos is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

Question on removing emblems..

This is now my third cts (silver 2003 3.6, silver 2005 V1, Black 2005 Maggied V [current])

On both my silver cts's when removing my emblems i always had a ghost looking smudge behind them, which i buffed out constantly with wax but always reappeared within a few days. my fear is that with my black the smudges will be even MORE noticeable, do you guys have any ideas on emblem removal/buffing solutions that permanantly fix my ghost issue?

i am new to the threads and know there are other threads on the subject, but none that answer my question directly.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

tophat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Re: Question on removing emblems..

I didnt have any ghosting issues removing my emblems on my black 04, I use Malms ultra-fine polish along with their carnauba wax, its spendy but well worth the price and will last longer than most waxes from the auto parts store, the polish will take off anything left from removing the emblems without digging into the paint, also works great for fine swirl marks and the wax is awesome. http://www.malms.com/products.html , my dad hooked me on this stuff years ago with his corvettes but thats just my experience

ZackLakatos is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

ordered!

tophat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

use it sparingly, read up on their website too, lots of good info, both the wax and polish will last a long time and it doesnt take much to do a car. The polish will work great on the area around the emblem along with the rest of your car if need be, use make sure to get a good wax on it after using the polish

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.