Cadillac Owners Forum banner

over excitement with plastidip... definitely a fan!

7K views 28 replies 21 participants last post by  Swoner 
#1 ·
#4 ·
It's "peel," not "peal." :bigroll:

And all you need to do is copy and paste the IMG tagged URLs that Photobucket provides wherever you want the images to show up in your post. For instance, I grabbed the pictures from your Photobucket account and pasted them, like so:

By the way, are you from the Ft. Myers/Naples area?

#13 ·
Still clean just no chrome lol. I did love the classy look but I like the sinister badass look a little more. Lol sorry man but hey its all plastidip, i can always peel it off. Still runs and drives like a dream!!! Now I look forward to going to work just to driver her.

#15 ·
Looks good. I really like how the front lip looks with that center section. I've seen several now with that and it makes me wish there was a way to do it to a black bumper. The license plate shroud doesn't look bad, I think it just makes people think of the early model years.

#22 ·
That is pretty awesome. I have a 06 CTS and it is ruby red with black trim and I am saving up for some new black wheels (I painted the original black and left the center cap and lugs chrome, which looks sweet but that paint wont last long). Anyway, the only chrome part of my ride is what runs along the front of the hood. So I have been thinking of options like you did and this may have sealed the deal. The only thing I may do different is to keep the Caddy emblem untouched on the grill... I just like how it originally looks and want to keep a little bit of non-black in it. Overall I am really digging what you have done to your CTS. Nice work!

Have you seen these replacement headlights with LED trim? They have chrome and black... obviously black would look STELLAR on your ride. These are on my upgrade list after the wheels. Check em out...

http://www.mytightride.com/cadillac-cts-2003-projector-headlight-lenses.html

Here's mine. I just bought it a few months ago. I'll be taking the mud guards off after the winter. I'm open to any suggestions!

View attachment 166682

#25 ·
I love plastidip, I haven't tried it on my caddy yet, but made my daughters car look great, covered up all the peeling clear coat on top, hood and trunk. It's easy to use, cheap, easy to maintain, and anything you over spray can be easily cleaned off. Best of all, just peel it all off when if you decide you don't like it. Don't be afraid to try it, start with something you feel safe with, spray the first coats lightly, then keep going until it fills in. You can find it at Wal Mart in the paint section, but you will need one of those handles that holds the button on the can, you WILL get tired trying to spray without it.

#27 ·

This is what the car looks like now. I also did the hood/roof/trunk with the glossifier but you really can't tell until you get close. I might do more coats so the gloss stands out more. So far, I've loved every minute of plastidip. Just need to do the rims in bronzes and blue calipers and it'll be done 100%

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.