over excitement with plastidip... definitely a fan! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, over excitement with plastidip... definitely a fan! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I like the front splitter, the rest is a no go. However, looks like you did a good job...
    Overd0s3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V blk/blk

Re: over excitement with plastidip... definitely a fan!

I like the front splitter, the rest is a no go. However, looks like you did a good job

thefulmonty_07 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

I like the splitter alot and the rear bumper cover looks good as well
    kciaccio and kciaccio like this.

strapp1000 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

I like!!! Nicely done.

kaitagun is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cadillac cts 3.6 2005

here an idea with the roof

V for victory is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V, C5 Corvette, 2013 Dodge Durnago R/T

The car looked awesome shinny and chromed.. It's a mirror image of mine....LOL. But I do like the front splitter look a lot.

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    If I were to pick one part that looks the worst, it'd be the license plate valance panel. It looks like you bought a replacement and didn't have it painted.

Otherwise, looks good, though I'm not a fan of blacking things out to begin with.

HawkzillaCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS 3.6L

That is pretty awesome. I have a 06 CTS and it is ruby red with black trim and I am saving up for some new black wheels (I painted the original black and left the center cap and lugs chrome, which looks sweet but that paint wont last long). Anyway, the only chrome part of my ride is what runs along the front of the hood. So I have been thinking of options like you did and this may have sealed the deal. The only thing I may do different is to keep the Caddy emblem untouched on the grill... I just like how it originally looks and want to keep a little bit of non-black in it. Overall I am really digging what you have done to your CTS. Nice work!

Have you seen these replacement headlights with LED trim? They have chrome and black... obviously black would look STELLAR on your ride. These are on my upgrade list after the wheels. Check em out...

http://www.mytightride.com/cadillac-...ht-lenses.html

Here's mine. I just bought it a few months ago. I'll be taking the mud guards off after the winter. I'm open to any suggestions!

Attachment 166682

HawkzillaCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by platinum_V View Post
    Still clean just no chrome lol. I did love the classy look but I like the sinister badass look a little more. Lol sorry man but hey its all plastidip, i can always peel it off. Still runs and drives like a dream!!! Now I look forward to going to work just to driver her.
    I like them both. Classy chrome look is nice but really kind of "old school"... I can see the appeal in the younger more edgy/modern black accent look.

So where/how does one get this plastic dip done?

joshuajohn1981 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS V
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkzillaCTS
    I like them both. Classy chrome look is nice but really kind of "old school"... I can see the appeal in the younger more edgy/modern black accent look. So where/how does one get this plastic dip done?
    If you look on YouTube you will find a plethora of tutorials on the subject. Then you buy a can (or 10) and go to town!

stsdad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 STS

I love plastidip, I haven't tried it on my caddy yet, but made my daughters car look great, covered up all the peeling clear coat on top, hood and trunk. It's easy to use, cheap, easy to maintain, and anything you over spray can be easily cleaned off. Best of all, just peel it all off when if you decide you don't like it. Don't be afraid to try it, start with something you feel safe with, spray the first coats lightly, then keep going until it fills in. You can find it at Wal Mart in the paint section, but you will need one of those handles that holds the button on the can, you WILL get tired trying to spray without it.

Gmouldy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

What did you use to paint the head light trim silver to match the original paint?

Swoner is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cts-V.

This is what the car looks like now. I also did the hood/roof/trunk with the glossifier but you really can't tell until you get close. I might do more coats so the gloss stands out more. So far, I've loved every minute of plastidip. Just need to do the rims in bronzes and blue calipers and it'll be done 100%

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

I like everything about that car above except the way the headlights are painted. It looks ridiculously mean though.

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

Swoner is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cts-V.

I just hate the headlights, I wish GM would have came up with a better/meaner headlight design. I tried to make it more like the new V, sharper and thinner. Its different...I like different

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.