Headlight help needed
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Headlight help needed in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I took my headlights apart and painted them black a while back. Condensation started forming in the headlight then the ...
    dedeaux89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Headlight help needed

I took my headlights apart and painted them black a while back. Condensation started forming in the headlight then the light bulb went out. Took headlight out applied sealant generously replaced bulb reinstalled assembly after appropriate drying time. Condensation still forms headlight bulb quit working again. I'm ready for some new better looking headlights. Black in color without losing my factory hids. Can anyone point out where I can get some nice looking headlights? Pretty flexible on price depending on the options and looks of the headlights.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

NC-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: Headlight help needed

I have a set of factory headlight assemblies I was just about to post in the classified section. They were in perfect working condition when I removed them 3 days ago and just have minor age/UV hazing/scratches on the top surface.

Pics?

Stealth V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

drill a small hole in the side of the housing (hidden somewhere). drive it a few days and all the condensation should get out. had that happen to my goat and my V, both times the hole fixed it just fine. you can see the one i drilled below. It goes through the housing and i can see it behind the lens.

NC-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

PM me your email and I'll email you pics of the lights if you would like.

-Kyle

Thanks stealth v I'm gonna give it a try!

Stealth V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Not a problem, let us know how it works. Ive had it successfully done on my GTO and now the V. Just takes a couple days driving and its clear. On the V I took my air compressor and shot some air through the hole in there to break up some of the more condensed areas.

All the aftermarket lights that I'm finding says that it is not for factory equipped xenon.... I want a fresh custom looking aftermarket headlight, anyone got any suggestions on how to make something work or where I can get some direct factory replacement aftermarket lights?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.