New Head unit Installed - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, New Head unit Installed in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; For some reason my car dosent go into xm stations. Also is the sound quality as good as a CD ...
    howanicm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 cts v
    For some reason my car dosent go into xm stations. Also is the sound quality as good as a CD with the pa vette?

TallGuyJ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Silver CTS-V
    Probably been discussed since the car came out, but has anyone been able to replace the head unit and keep all the dic info? Because I actually use it often lol. Also for those who have an after market unit, how can you tell when your traction control or stability control system comes on? is there another way to tell besides looking at the screen on the stock unit?

----------

Probably been discussed since the car came out, but has anyone been able to replace the head unit and keep all the dic info? Because I actually use it often lol. Also for those who have an after market unit, how can you tell when your traction control or stability control system comes on? is there another way to tell besides looking at the screen on the stock unit? ()

Scott2012 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V & 2010 AWD CTS

Re: New Head unit Installed

There is a post out there.... Someone installed a basic CTS unit, had the dealer program it in. The Top screen is left in and radio cut out- modified to fit an after market double din. One would need the PAC unti to keep bose/on star/chimes... Or just bypass it all

The only thing holding me back.... Not sure about the cost and hassle (above) and not sure I want to go w/o the diagnostics in the stock radio

TallGuyJ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Silver CTS-V
    What about that app on the android marker Torque pro OBD 2., has anyone had any experience with it? Does it have all the dic functions we have on our stock unit?

ejn
    ejn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

There are many posts about keeping the DIC. Somewhere there is a good guide/tutorial on how to do. Search for "retain dic mod" it will be in the results somewhere. Basically you will remove most of your old existing stock radio. It requires cutting a circuit board and cutting up your trim piece to fit the new double din. Quite a bit of work. I plan on starting it soon on my CTS soon. Waiting on all the parts including a new stock stereo to hack up.

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    I've been using the Bluetooth obdII and torque pro app and it does 99% of what the stock dic in my 06 srx. Things not included would be oil life trans life tire pressure and i dont think it shows voltage. But other than that i love the check engine alerts. Still have my stock radio for now.

rbsesq is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 cts v

Does anyone know if this unit is compatible with a Windows phone? (Windows 7). Having a hard time figuring this one out. Windows phones don't have Pandora, but instead have Slacker Radio. Not sure if anyone has run into this issue.

Wingsfan4life is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V Black Raven
    I use Torque as well, good app to use..and I believe it does show Voltage...I was playing with different gauges and thought I saw one

RyRidesMotoX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyJ View Post
    What about that app on the android marker Torque pro OBD 2., has anyone had any experience with it? Does it have all the dic functions we have on our stock unit?
    Its a free app. I use it all the time to clear my CAT inefficiency codes cuz I have been too lazy to tune the car after the headers went on. It shows pretty much anything you can through the ECU via the OBD2 port. I believe that the BCM (body control module) does safety stuff like TMPS, ABS, AIRBAGS, and other stuff so you won't have access to that. Anything engine related though, its on there.

DDS rollin a CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyJ View Post
    Will this app display the "fuel used" function from the DIC? That and the outside temp are the two I use the most. Having run out of gas twice I just don't trust my gas gauge past 1/2 tank but don't want to fuel up that often.

Brad1970 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Seems like I read somewhere that if you lose the DIC, then you lose the ability to go into competition mode or some similar functions. I may be wrong on this as it was in a thread I read A WHILE back. Maybe they didn't know what they were talking about. Do you still have that function?

ZackLakatos is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

where did you find the trim piece for around the head unit??

Scott Sanda is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 CTSV SCCA T2 racecar

The trim piece is from crutchfield. It will do single or double DIN. I just put one in my 04, with a Kenwood double din. Used an easy hook up adapter kit from crutchfield to keep my chimes, and hook up directly to the factory Bose harness/amp.

Looks great, works well. Great, detailed instructions.

Scott

rjoffe is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Ooops (ignore me)

Abadus is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Red CTS-V

I actually have this setup in my car. http://www.kawal.net/bluetooth.htm I talked to the guy and he made a custom harness for me because I wanted the female plug. Now I think he sells this as a package. I Bluetooth my phone into my head unit and it works great. I just pump it though the XM. My only real beef now is that I have really really crappy lows. I think my sub is blown. I plan on replacing it this summer just have to decide what speaker I want in there. I would prefer a 12 but I think a 10 in a simple drop in.

Lot of hassle to replace the head unit. This add on got me 90% of where I want to be.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.