Rear View Cam Added
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By strapp1000
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Rear View Cam Added in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I was tired of our less than adequate navi and wanted a better view of what's behind me. I picked ...
    strapp1000 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Rear View Cam Added

I was tired of our less than adequate navi and wanted a better view of what's behind me. I picked up a Boyo rearview mirror and camera on Amazon for a decent price. I had my installer install a switch that lets me turn the cam on and off when I want. It also operates like most rear view cams, automatically turns on when you shift into reverse.

Mirror:

Boyo VTG43
    4.3" LCD with dual inputs...I use one for the rear view cam
    Navigation
    Bluetooth
    MP3's
    Video's
    E-reader
    Accepts SD cards
    etc...

Camera:
    Boyo VTL402HD Rear Camera (Sony CCD)
    540 TVL resolution
    Cam comes with the distance gridlines built in

The navigation is 10x better than the crap stock unit.

A few pics. The cam actually looks great in daylight; the pic below is night time and it is still decent.

Matt4949 and Matt4949 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Faber is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None :(

Re: Rear View Cam Added

Any pics of the interior in the light - having trouble visioning what it looks like in the day time and/or how it is all mounted up.

AAIIIC is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: Rear View Cam Added

Yeah, what he said ^^^. A shot of the rearview mirror in daylight (and from a bit farther back) would be appreciated.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, 19x8.5/10" CCW T140s with Toyo Proxes T1 Sports (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.