My new V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, My new V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Flew out to Iowa and drove back roughly 1300 miles. Tinted the windows, put the headrest logos on, And did ...
    Technikal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 cts-v

My new V

Flew out to Iowa and drove back roughly 1300 miles. Tinted the windows, put the headrest logos on, And did the second item on the way to blacking it out and put a bit of black wrap vinyl over the third brake light.2012-08-12_16-22-13_465.jpg2012-08-12_16-19-23_777.jpg2012-08-12_16-18-41_902.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Re: My new V

What a ricey job on those headrest logos. Bad color and bad placement. 8thdaycreations can make you some plain silver ones that look better, although the only solid solution is to have someone embroider them for you. I looked into embroidery, but the shops in my area were not confident in their abilities. This is what I wound up with:

OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Technikal View Post
    Flew out to Iowa and drove back roughly 1300 miles. Tinted the windows, put the headrest logos on, And did the second item on the way to blacking it out and put a bit of black wrap vinyl over the third brake light.Attachment 96056Attachment 96057Attachment 96058
    I think the headrests look nice. Also i'm really digging the way you did the 3rd brake light.

i could have done the silver but I personally prefer the black on black with a tad bit of color. But to each there own .
    I can make all of the same things that company you mentioned does.

danrob0123 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 RAVEN CTS-V
    I also like what you did to the 3rd brake light. might have to give it a try.

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ

I like the headrests, look sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    What a ricey job on those headrest logos. Bad color and bad placement. 8thdaycreations can make you some plain silver ones that look better, although the only solid solution is to have someone embroider them for you. I looked into embroidery, but the shops in my area were not confident in their abilities. This is what I wound up with:

A set of these where on my car when I bought it, the minute a head touched the rest they were done for. Plus looked super ricey IMO, just a decal. With that said I got a ricey things on my ride that I like so to each his own..

Mine isn't a decal it is mildly put an iron on if you Google autographz they are a GM licensed product. You can't take them off unless you are really trying. The company I work at does them.

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ

Quote Originally Posted by Technikal View Post
    Mine isn't a decal it is mildly put an iron on if you Google autographz they are a GM licensed product. You can't take them off unless you are really trying. The company I work at does them.
    I know I was referring to the silver ones fuzzy posted above, hence the quote.. Personally I like yours, possible to pick up a set?

Quote Originally Posted by etcts-v

I know I was referring to the silver ones fuzzy posted above, hence the quote.. Personally I like yours, possible to pick up a set?
    Depending on where u are will determine if there is a dealer near you. Where are you from I can check with the supplier. Otherwise I'll have to start a vendor account and have you mail your headrests to me.

alradco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Looks great. Congrats.

jdollarthegreat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Nice touch. Something different you know.

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    Those look horrible

WarrenMRogers is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

I don't like either of the headrests! IF I do some in mine, I'll probably do embroidered in black so it doesn't clash. Anyway, customisation is for you to make your car your own so nuts to everyone's opinion. Also, I really like the third brake light... what'd you do there exactly?

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Who needs headrests? I plan on just driving with no headrests. Hows that? LOL

Either way, good to see you got a V. Congrats on it.
    Speaking of headrests... if anyone needs stock headrests (to say stitch into, etc)... hit me up.

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

They can be had in all black. I wanted to keep the color to flow with the other emblems on the vehicle. As far as the third brake light i took some wrap vinyl and covered the top and cut it even with the lip and tucked it under the trunk side. The cut can be done in a few different ways depending on skill level. I deal with razors and vinyl all day everyday so i just put it on and cut it by hand following the lip. If your not sure of your skill they sell a fine line tape with a fishing line type of thread in it that you could put down and then use it to cut the vinyl but its about $80 a roll so if your not doing a million of them its not cost effective. the other option is to make a template with a newspaper.

Professional suggestion for someone who wants to do it them selfs would be to go to the auto paint store get a roll of blue fine tape. put it down first where you are going to cut. put your vinyl down make your cut enough to go through the vinyl but not the tape. then gently peel the vinyl back (wrap vinyl you can do this regular cast vinyl i wouldn't suggest it) pull your fine line tape then put your vinyl back down.

it took me all of 5 minutes to do it. and that included the time it took to wipe it down.

when i have more time im going to do the entire thing instead of just the top.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.