Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Projector halo foglights

17K views 55 replies 12 participants last post by  Eman1nonly 
#1 ·
So this weekend I started my custom projector foglights. Theyre almost done. I like how they look so far.

- clear lenses
- CCFL halo 7000k
- projector
- xenon 6000k 35w hid

Pictures to come soon.

#4 ·
Well this thread is kinda a dud anyway.

But I managed to complete all the wiring. Now I have dual halo headlights. And halo fog lights running in my car. 7000k halo rings. 6000k hids. White led signal lights. And yeah that's that. I'm trying to upload pics but for some reason it isn't letting me. I will ASAP.

#7 ·
Ahhhhhhh I knew I was doing something wrong haha

And I love how the headlights turned out. Only thing I'm unimpressed with is the company I bought them from advertised "7000k CCFL halos" an when I compare them to my foglights (also 7000k halos) you can clearly tell that the headlights aren't. I'm still very happy with how it all looks. But If anyone plans on going this route id just make sure that either the foglights or halos are forsure CCFL halos.

#18 ·
What did you use from the front of these fog lights? It looks killer, what I'm wondering is I want mine tinted since its a black car and I'm wondering if VHT will work on just a piece of acrylic. Did you just pop yours into the oven to remove the factory front glass?

#20 ·
I used fairly thick plexiglass actually. Then used a heat gun and clamps and silicone and slowly bent it and let it sit for 24 hours. So far so good.

I couldn't find any other suitable materials at the time, so I'm hoping they don't crack or anything.

To remove the factory I put them in the oven for about 4-5 mins and slowly pried off the oem lense, and continued through that procedure till they were off.

I absolutely love how they look. To me personally makes the front end look a little more modern, and the projector fits perfectly into the fog light housing, still keeping the signal light and daytime running light perfectly functional.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.