Projector halo foglights - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Projector halo foglights in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Interesting. It looks like they maintained the grey surround that everyone hates so much. Did you get a good eyeball ...
    FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Re: Projector halo foglights

Interesting. It looks like they maintained the grey surround that everyone hates so much. Did you get a good eyeball on the high beams? It looks like you could throw an extra projector in there and run quad headlamps (six projectors total, if you count the fogs).

stepchild21 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Yeah there's more then enough room to do that forsure. Just cut out a hole for the projector and silicone it in. overall wouldn't be too hard I'd think

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ

What did you use from the front of these fog lights? It looks killer, what I'm wondering is I want mine tinted since its a black car and I'm wondering if VHT will work on just a piece of acrylic. Did you just pop yours into the oven to remove the factory front glass?

CTS4MATION is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4

Looks amazing, Great job!

I used fairly thick plexiglass actually. Then used a heat gun and clamps and silicone and slowly bent it and let it sit for 24 hours. So far so good.

I couldn't find any other suitable materials at the time, so I'm hoping they don't crack or anything.

To remove the factory I put them in the oven for about 4-5 mins and slowly pried off the oem lense, and continued through that procedure till they were off.

I absolutely love how they look. To me personally makes the front end look a little more modern, and the projector fits perfectly into the fog light housing, still keeping the signal light and daytime running light perfectly functional.

Talyon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth CTSV & 2004 SRX V8 AWD

nice!!!!

EchoThreeSix is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade

Well done! Sexy!

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ
    Well done, very sexy!

I think I will follow your lead once again with this project! Did you pick up the projectors from e-bay? I have my stock ones out of my headlights, wonder if those would fit.

Haha I'm glad I can help you out !!!

I bought my projectors off eBay for 70$ with the CCFL 7000k halos. And just bought a 35 w 6000k hid kit and installed those.

Pho_phizzat is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Those look good!

Working on my own right now. Bought the foglamp cores off a wrecked CTS on eBay for $50 apiece. Need to do a water resistance test, and I'll probably have pictures up this weekend, along with the Forgestar F14s. Bought the thickest Lexan I could find at Home Depot...it's over 1/4" thick!

Nice I'm excited to see how yours look

howanicm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 cts v
    Do you guys bend the replacement lexan or do you just leave it flat? I want to attempt this mod but if bending the clear plexi to fit is in the project forget about it. Also do you just use silicone or somthing of that sort to hold the lexan on. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by howanicm View Post
    Do you guys bend the replacement lexan or do you just leave it flat? I want to attempt this mod but if bending the clear plexi to fit is in the project forget about it. Also do you just use silicone or somthing of that sort to hold the lexan on. Thanks
    You use a silicon based epoxy and clamp it down all the way around. That creates the bend--it can't happen any other way. Do a couple of Google searches and you'll find a ton of build threads.

howanicm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 cts v
    Oh thats not too bad. I thought it had to be heated or something haha

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.