Cts v dual halo aftermarket headlights. - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Cts v dual halo aftermarket headlights. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; What bulbs do they use (for HID kit use)?...
    UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

Re: Cts v dual halo aftermarket headlights.

What bulbs do they use (for HID kit use)?

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ

H7 ~ I'm ordering the 35watt kit from ddm as we speak!

aantalis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS V Stealth Grey 2003 CTS Sunburst

Anyone like the chrome over black? I have stealth grey V but am worried the chrome is overdone on these lamps and might look cheap.

stepchild21 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Personally I find the black looks very OEM which is what I enjoy about them. But I'd definitly like to see the look of the chrome. And also my V is silver and everything's blacked out so it matched

aantalis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS V Stealth Grey 2003 CTS Sunburst

I assume these are directionally adjustible in the usual way? Also, did you HID-kit your high beams? Is that what you ordered? and what is the website for ddm?

I agree yours looks fantastic blacked out. My stealth grey is kinda blue so the chrome looks nice on the wheels, i recently got lollygagger8's optional wheels and they look good. I just think the chrome headlamps look too "aftermarket". Think Ill go for black.

I did not use hids in my high beams just do to the fact that I never use my high beams. And yes there are to adjust screws on each headlamp.

And I completely agree. Personally I think the chrome is too flashy for my taste and looks very "aftermarket" but too each there own.

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I'd like to see pictures of these in the sunlight.

Lately I've been trying to upload new photos but all it says is. "you have exceeded your quota" every time I try to upload new pics.

Any one else ever get this ??

san2cci is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 3.6 CTS, Volant, V Exhaust, Hotchkis (SOLD!); 2010 2SS

That means you have the limit of pictures uploaded; Go to Settings, then Attachments on the left side bar all the way at the bottom, and go through and delete some of your uploaded pictures on different threads so it will clear up some room to upload new pics.

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Stepchild, in the following picture, are your CCFLs illuminated? If so, they look very dim. Personally, I hate the 6000K+ color, and would be interested in anyone's thoughts regarding how hard it might be to build a set of more normal 4300K halos and double up on the H7 projectors in the headlamp assembly.

The halos are illuminated in the headlights but I do believe the company falsely advertised them being CCFL. The fogs are 7000k CCFL. the headlights unfortunately aren't.

kerberos is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

The fitment around the edge where the light meets the fender looks off. Is it that bad or is it the picture?

Mine arrived yesterday, of course I promptly dropped one of them and have a nice scratch on the front housing! oh well...

My Halo's are super bright, way brighter than the ones in your photos. I'll post up a picture tonight, still waiting on the 35 watt kit from ddm to show up hopefully today or tomorrow. I was able to sell the 50 watt kit on e-bay though so happy about that.

Initial impressions are these are very well built, WAAAAY better than those other POS e-bay headlights I bought and promptly sold (those things were complete china crap). Also they are adjustable and have the rear clip-in bolt that the other e-bay lights were lacking.

One thing I don't like is they still have the stupid grey edges, going to paint those up this weekend like I had on my stock lenses.

Just a note for aantalis a few lines up, you don't want to use HID's on high beams due to the fact they do not respond well to rapid on and off such as in the case of flashing other drivers or repeated off and on from cars coming opposite direction. In addition our cars are wired with larger gauge wire and higher amp circuits for the low beams which will support an HID ballast (CTS-V anyway). If you were to get HID's for the high beams you would either need to re-wire, or buy the dual in kits that DDM sells.

I'll post some pics of mine as soon as I get them strapped on, thanks again for this post, helped a lot in my decision and I'm pleased with the purchase!
    aantalis and aantalis like this.

PS you can up your photo storage limit by becoming a supporting member!

I'm extemely jealous that yours are bright and you paid less !!! I'm phoning the company and telling them they falsely advertised these lights to me. Such a piss off.

Can't wait to see your pics !!!
    etcts-v and etcts-v like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.