Cts v dual halo aftermarket headlights. - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Cts v dual halo aftermarket headlights. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Photos of 35w 6000k hid's in dual halo aftermarket headlights....
    stepchild21 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Photos of 35w 6000k hid's in dual halo aftermarket headlights.
    Attached Images
    Ikera likes this.

EdmundGTP is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Re: Cts v dual halo aftermarket headlights.

That's a pretty sold set of beams for only 35 watt bulbs. Color me impressed. Definitely looks like a viable option for when my lenses start to deteriorate.

we3hokies is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Looks like there are several cts headlamps with the hid ballast included. Which seller are people going with? Thanks

kerberos is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Do the halos have a strong blue tint? See too many people w/ light upgrades on cars that are just strong blue "HID" lights. Most of your pics show more of a clean white, but some show more of a blue color. Nice phone case btw.

Well the halos are 7000k CCFL's. So a pretty bright white at night. And the low beams are a 6000k 35w hid. And I just made custom fog lights and changed those to 6000k hids aswell to match
    jrios and jrios like this.

Fiero is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS 3.6L Performance / Appearance 18" rims

Hi gang,
    I just got my set of dual halo headlights off ebay. I opted for the 35w 6000K HID version.
    got them from this store:
    http://stores.ebay.ca/ctrusaStore?_trksid=p4340.l2563

I have a 2007 3.6L with Performance & Appearance package, so I will need to replace the stock HID lights with the after-market ones.
    Does anyone have pictures of how they wired the after-market ones? Also, any insight on how to best "decommission" the headlight washers?

I will take pictures when I get the courage to install these, but the CTS is my daily driver so I can't have her apart for long trying to experiment with the connections.

Any insight or helpful links appreciated!!

Thanks.

san2cci is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 3.6 CTS, Volant, V Exhaust, Hotchkis (SOLD!); 2010 2SS

Those lights don't work with your factory headlight set-up; atleast that's what the disclaimer on the website says....only the factory halo headlight setup.
    "03-07 Cadillac CTS ( Fit Halogen Type ONLY, DOES NOT FIT CTS with stock Xenon HID )"
    Whether you can rewire and disconnect your headlamp washers, Idk

Your stock headlights w/ factory HID, and headlamp washers are 10x nicer than any aftermarket headlight, even the halo's IMO
    You will lose resale value of your car by getting rid of your factory HID lights. So if you do take them out, keep them, and put them back in if you ever sell your car!

I did mine on my 04 v. And I can pretty well guarantee you can do this in one afternoon easily. This thread shows earlier in it what wires do what, if you end up needing to rewire anything. And I just plugged off my hoses for my washer hoses. And pulled the fuse for them. No issues as of yet.

* also I complete disagree with saying the stock look better. Corrosion, scratches, fading does not look good to me. And I know the dual halos that I installed look close to stock. An I have received nothing but compliments on them.

Also all I did was bought the aftermarket headlights and installed an aftermarket pair of hids.

san2cci is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 3.6 CTS, Volant, V Exhaust, Hotchkis (SOLD!); 2010 2SS

I appreciate your opinion; but I guess since I have the stock halogen without the headlight washers, the stock HID's with headlight washers to me are like the holy grail of headlights

ALSO: you could always restore your headlights for about $20 to get rid of corrosion, scratching, and fading

The headlight washers are pretty cool. But hids are hids. Oem or aftermarket they're pretty well the same. And for me I keep my car pretty well perfectly clean 24/7. So other then looking like James bond and having something sweet washing my headlights, I actually never had need for headlight washers.

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ

FYI, the price on the dual halos dropped on e-bay quite a bit. Just ordered a set last night for $278.00, here is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-07-Cadill...0e7024&vxp=mtr

Side Note: WTF is the point of Headlight washers anyways, I've never seen a single benefit from a wash of my headlights... stupid feature IMO

Wow those dropped a lot since I bought them. Great deal. Put up pics of your halos when you install them. I'd really like to see how bright they are compared to mine. I think mine might have not been the true 7000k halos.

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ
    Yeah I was shocked when I saw the price last night! I'll post pics for sure, I'm also doing HID's, got 6000k w/ 50 watt ballasts but I may drop to 35 watt once I see the headlights, don't want to melt anything!

I sold my stock ballasts for $60 each & bulbs for $20 each so that will help pay for these new ones!

I'd stick with 35w. Mine are considerably brighter then the oem hids.

And im not gonna lie I'm extremely jealous of that price haha

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.