Cts v dual halo aftermarket headlights. - Page 13
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Cts v dual halo aftermarket headlights. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by stepchild21 Sorry I honestly didnt even think of taking pics while she was all apart. I was ...
    Teradost123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 cadillac cts v

Re: Cts v dual halo aftermarket headlights.

Quote Originally Posted by stepchild21 View Post
    Sorry I honestly didnt even think of taking pics while she was all apart. I was kinda head down ass up trying to get it done before the storm rolled up.

But I can say which wires I sodered together, because their is some slight wiring changes that need to be made.

Headlight PS. Car headlight PS
    -blue(low beam) -tan (low beam)
    -white(high beam). -green (high beam)
    -tan (drl)(halos). -brown (drl halos)
    -black (ground - black/ black (ground)

**** Cts v wiring harness has 2 ground wire for hids. So I this is why I sodered all my connections so that I could utilize both grounds. Most likey not necessary but I wanted to play it safe.

Headlight DS Car headlight DS
    -blue (low beam). - yellow (low beam)
    -white (high beam). - green (high beam)
    -tan (drl/ halo) - purple (drl/halo)
    - black (ground). - black/ black (grounds)

*** also plug off the washer hoses that were going to the stock headlights as the new ones will not have that option.***

Hope this helps

Hey man thanks for your find my headlight broke and there's no way I can pay 900 for a new one so this is a good way to go I read your way of doing it and was not sure of the wiring are the colors going to be on my old headlight do I have to take off the plug to see them and for my new head light the dual halo calf ones do I need to soldering each cable with the color you provided sorry I'm a newbie at wires and electrical stuff and don't understand to much that's why I'm asking so I don't mess up thank for all your help if you or anyone has any pics or videos it would be really awesome thanks again

EnV
    EnV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 V

I like these headlights a lot, but I wouldn't run the halos.

DrSpeed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Here's a photo of the halo's illuminated in blue.

White.

etcts-v and etcts-v like this.

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ

^^ Damn great photo skilz!
    DrSpeed and DrSpeed like this.

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by etcts-v View Post
    ^^ Damn great photo skilz!
    Not bad....could use more saturation!

Seriously though......sic pic.....
    DrSpeed and DrSpeed like this.

DrSpeed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mberisha View Post

More saturation, becuz racecar!

HAHAHA....touche.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by mberisha View Post

And clear your inbox!

Was trying to email you

----------

Photos of the new lights. Note the new painted black surrounds, insides, and halo ring.
    shadybx7, etcts-v and etcts-v like this.

Rez Rider is offline Cadillac Owners Member

ok I feel so confused. I have a few questions. I have just bought an 05 V, all stock, does it already have hid's in it? according to Edmunds.com's review of the 05 V it says the car comes with Xenon hid's. So will this mean i have to only buy certain kind of headlights? I am looking at these www.protuninglab.com/hidxe03cacts.html has anyone ordered from them before? Do they look like quality lights? They said they will pre-install the conversion kit (if I need it) I am unsure because all places only list CTS lights but not CTS-V lights. Are they the same? I am a complete noob when it comes to this so all detailed information would be greatly appreciated. I just want the dual halos, with HID's, and with minimal modifications. thanks in advance!

OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Rez Rider View Post
    ok I feel so confused. I have a few questions. I have just bought an 05 V, all stock, does it already have hid's in it? according to Edmunds.com's review of the 05 V it says the car comes with Xenon hid's. So will this mean i have to only buy certain kind of headlights? I am looking at these www.protuninglab.com/hidxe03cacts.html has anyone ordered from them before? Do they look like quality lights? They said they will pre-install the conversion kit (if I need it) I am unsure because all places only list CTS lights but not CTS-V lights. Are they the same? I am a complete noob when it comes to this so all detailed information would be greatly appreciated. I just want the dual halos, with HID's, and with minimal modifications. thanks in advance!
    You already have HIDs. if you want a different color light you have to but new D1S bulbs. IF you buy the dual halo headlights from ebay they use a different bulb size for the low beam projectors. I believe it is an H7 in which case you would need to buy a full H7 HID kit (ballast and all). I'd recommend DDM tuning as they are cost effective and lifetime warrantied.

Quote Originally Posted by OneFast V View Post
    You already have HIDs. if you want a different color light you have to but new D1S bulbs. IF you buy the dual halo headlights from ebay they use a different bulb size for the low beam projectors. I believe it is an H7 in which case you would need to buy a full H7 HID kit (ballast and all). I'd recommend DDM tuning as they are cost effective and lifetime warrantied.
    I need all new assemblies. anybody know where I can just get new OEM headlight assemblies for my car? I like the look of the stock ones but they are oxidized bad and I just need new ones. The only place I have found was JC Whitney for $445 for the pair. Seems like a lot.

OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

I need all new assemblies. anybody know where I can just get new OEM headlight assemblies for my car? I like the look of the stock ones but they are oxidized bad and I just need new ones. The only place I have found was JC Whitney for $445 for the pair. Seems like a lot.
    Try refinishing them first with a 3M headlight repair kit before giving up on them.

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Stock OEM with wiper options? You're talking ALOT of money new from anywhere from what I've seen.

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

I would've tried that but they are badly scratched. I mean deep. I'm not sure what happened to them or what the previous owner had done.

Quote Originally Posted by OneFast V View Post
    Try refinishing them first with a 3M headlight repair kit before giving up on them.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by odthetruth View Post
    Stock OEM with wiper options? You're talking ALOT of money new from anywhere from what I've seen.
    Here is where I get confused. I am new to the CTS-V but I don't have any headlight wipers. Are you saying that I have that as an option with these lights? I have read how a lot of folks are disappointed at the aftermarket lights not having wipers, but I currently don't have them, nor have I ever recall seeing a V with them.

Brackets is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 V
    I would've tried that but they are badly scratched. I mean deep. I'm not sure what happened to them or what the previous owner had done.

That's what they all do. Previous owner probably had nothing to do with it.

----------

Here is where I get confused. I am new to the CTS-V but I don't have any headlight wipers. Are you saying that I have that as an option with these lights? I have read how a lot of folks are disappointed at the aftermarket lights not having wipers, but I currently don't have them, nor have I ever recall seeing a V with them.
    None of them have wipers. We do have headlight sprayers (the little triangles pop out and spray). The aftermarket ones don't have this function.

Quote Originally Posted by Brackets View Post
    None of them have wipers. We do have headlight sprayers (the little triangles pop out and spray). The aftermarket ones don't have this function.
    so do you need to pop out the triangles so the sprayer is open? sorry didn't know about any of this

Brackets is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 V
    The triangles will pop out and spray the headlight when you activate the windshield washer. Your headlights have to be turned on for the headlight washers to work. Check this out http://m.youtube.com/watch?sa=X&v=0N...ved%3D0CBMQqwQ

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.