Cts v dual halo aftermarket headlights. - Page 12
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Cts v dual halo aftermarket headlights. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; should i be ordering an h1 or h7 bulb with this hid low beam set up?...
    LaFlame is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: Cts v dual halo aftermarket headlights.

should i be ordering an h1 or h7 bulb with this hid low beam set up?

stepchild21 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I did my install to long ago to remember which bulb type I used. Check the site you're ordering te headlights from. Should specify what type of bulb you need.

And try to get German built hids. Chinese knockoffs work. But typcally won't stay working for long. You get what you pay for in most cases. And I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to be ripping apart my front end every time a cheap hid burns out or starts malfunctioning. Even though it only takes about 20 mins once you're used to doing it. But buy a good set once, instead of multiple cheap sets.

aantalis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS V Stealth Grey 2003 CTS Sunburst

Looks like a good deal to me. I got the Chinese ones. No complaints. But I would have got these had I seen them. God luck with plug and play. If it doesn't work, I cut the car connector off, soldered the 3 leads and 2 grounds to a four connector higher quality trailer hitch plug, then the other end of the trailer plug leads soldered to the appropriate wires on the headlamp. If you direct wire to the ballast, you may be able to use the plug adapter they send with the kit to get the wires out of the lamp then solder. Do the headlamp inside. Be creative. Took me 4 hours. Plus 12 hours thinking and buying pieces parts.

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...utomotive.html

Another HID dealer here on the forums that offers a discount to CF members. Best of luck.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by aantalis
    Looks like a good deal to me. I got the Chinese ones. No complaints. But I would have got these had I seen them. God luck with plug and play. If it doesn't work, I cut the car connector off, soldered the 3 leads and 2 grounds to a four connector higher quality trailer hitch plug, then the other end of the trailer plug leads soldered to the appropriate wires on the headlamp. If you direct wire to the ballast, you may be able to use the plug adapter they send with the kit to get the wires out of the lamp then solder. Do the headlamp inside. Be creative. Took me 4 hours. Plus 12 hours thinking and buying pieces parts.
    Trailer plug wires = genius

Great idea there, I think I'm gonna have to use this idea aswell. Thanks for the tip !!!

im still waiting for my set to come it... is soldering necessary or is it possible just to splice the appropriate wires instead?

aantalis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS V Stealth Grey 2003 CTS Sunburst

Soldering is always best if you do it right, I kinda enjoy it with heatshrink tubing. You can use heatshrink crimp connectors found at oreillys auto parts. Better than standard cheap crimp connectors that will corrode. I wouldn't use standard splice/tap connectors with the fold over snap, too unreliable and you will be doing. It all over again in a year.
    etcts-v and etcts-v like this.

I also soldered and used the heat shrink tubing. That stuff is awesome. And overall is fairly quick to do.

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ

This is an epic thread... 12 pages!

I'm pretty happy with it haha I think this will just get more and more popular as people's headlights get more corroded with time.
    etcts-v and etcts-v like this.

sometimes its nice to be a helocopter technician..
    IMAG1111.jpg
    IMAG1112.jpg
    IMAG1110.jpg
    IMAG1117.jpg
    IMAG1115.jpg

sometimes its nice to be a helocopter technician..
    Attachment 99686
    Attachment 99687
    Attachment 99688
    Attachment 99689
    Attachment 99690

----------

7000k ccfl from ebay, 4500k hid from sharp hid, just put up picks of some of the install, i can take pics of the headlights in differnt stages of illumination if anyone is interested. just let me know
    next project is the fog light ccfl and hid setup

joartstewey is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS LS Auto.

FuzzyLogic, If you don't mind, what was the setup you used for the fogs? how much modification was done to the housing? I have been wanting to do this look but just paid for CTS-V fogs and dont want to throw money down the drain as I had not been able to find used ones...

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by joartstewey View Post
    FuzzyLogic, If you don't mind, what was the setup you used for the fogs? how much modification was done to the housing? I have been wanting to do this look but just paid for CTS-V fogs and dont want to throw money down the drain as I had not been able to find used ones...
    Not much...speaking of which, I bought a pair of CTS (not CTS-V) fogs to do the operation because the core housing is the same. Basically, I took one of those big, hole boring bits they use during home construction to make a path for conduit through wall studs and centered it on the back of the housing and pulled the trigger. Five minutes of chaos later, I had a hole of the correct size to accept the foglamp housing.

Then you need a good, glass projection lens assembly, and a compatible HID set, and some silicon to seal the gap in the rear. Also, Lexan from Home Depot, something to cut it to fit, a bag of clamps, and tools to strip and splice wire.

All told, you're probably looking at $200 if you buy spare cores to work on.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.