Cts v dual halo aftermarket headlights. - Page 11
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 196
Like Tree19Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Cts v dual halo aftermarket headlights. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Ronr, your situation sounds totally different than mine. Weird....
  1. #151
    FuzzyLogic is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,048

    Re: Cts v dual halo aftermarket headlights.

    Ronr, your situation sounds totally different than mine. Weird.

  2. #152
    tmonttt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Age
    24
    Posts
    13

    Re: Cts v dual halo aftermarket headlights.

    Here are a few random pictures of my Dual Halo headlights with the gray borders painted black to match the inner housing.










  3. #153
    etcts-v's Avatar
    etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Seattle, Washington,
    Age
    33
    Posts
    576

    Re: Cts v dual halo aftermarket headlights.

    Quote Originally Posted by ronr View Post
    The HID ballasts come with spade connectors that plug directly into the low beam light bulb connector (inside the light housing). The lights came with standard bulbs that need to be removed and replaced with the HID's.
    So you're running stock HID ballasts to aftermarket bulbs? Or did you run the wires from inside the housing to your aftermarket ballast outside of the housing then back into the housing and aftermarket bulbs?

    I'm confused just trying to figure out your setup. All of us ran aftermarket HID ballasts with aftermarket HID bulbs (hence the required soldering), the stock wiring all goes into the housing via one plug, at least on my car it does.

  4. #154
    ronr's Avatar
    ronr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Fenton, Michigan
    Posts
    857

    Re: Cts v dual halo aftermarket headlights.

    Quote Originally Posted by etcts-v View Post
    So you're running stock HID ballasts to aftermarket bulbs? Or did you run the wires from inside the housing to your aftermarket ballast outside of the housing then back into the housing and aftermarket bulbs?

    I'm confused just trying to figure out your setup. All of us ran aftermarket HID ballasts with aftermarket HID bulbs (hence the required soldering), the stock wiring all goes into the housing via one plug, at least on my car it does.
    Sorry for the confusion. I used the aftermarket HID ballasts and bulbs. However, I mounted the ballasts inside the headlight housing (eliminating the need to run wires in and out of the housing.)

  5. #155
    etcts-v's Avatar
    etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Seattle, Washington,
    Age
    33
    Posts
    576

    Re: Cts v dual halo aftermarket headlights.

    Quote Originally Posted by ronr View Post
    Sorry for the confusion. I used the aftermarket HID ballasts and bulbs. However, I mounted the ballasts inside the headlight housing (eliminating the need to run wires in and out of the housing.)
    Ahhh, that makes sense! Good work around, I should have done the same!

  6. #156
    Silencertk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V V1
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    33
    Posts
    93

    Re: Cts v dual halo aftermarket headlights.

    I also installed the Ebay Dual Halo Headlights last week. Unfortunatly my aftermarket HID kit didnt arrive until today. So I guess I'll be taking everything apart again. Not have HIDS from the factory basically means - I plug the aftermarket Ballasts into the provided H7 Bulb Plug inside the new headlight - then plug the Xenon Bulb into the Ballast - and then put the Bulb into its appropriate spot in the headlight, essentially running wires in and out of the headlight. Right?

    I can eliminate the in/out wire drama if i mount the slim kit ballast inside the headlight. --- where did you do so? I mean, any specific spot? Is there any downside to mounting it inside there? Like heat or something? I'd prefer mounting it inside - for moisture purposes and because 5-0 over here in Germany doenst allow the HiD Kits. So wires coming out of my headlight housing would be a pretty obvious indicator that something is not stock.....

  7. #157
    stepchild21's Avatar
    stepchild21 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    156
    Thread Starter
    I just used 3m tape and mounted my ballast inside against the wall. There should be much of any heat created from the ballast itself. Not enough to be worried about at least. And this way you can keep all wires inside.

  8. #158
    zang8303 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by stepchild21
    I just used 3m tape and mounted my ballast inside against the wall. There should be much of any heat created from the ballast itself. Not enough to be worried about at least. And this way you can keep all wires inside.
    I might be a little late and I apologize but just joined tonight ... My ctsv headlight stopped working and after taking front end apart and switching bulbs and ballasts turns out I have a bad ballast.. And instead of paying 3 or 400 $ buying a new one I thought I might buy these headlights as long as I can get them rigged up .. This thread has been extremely helpful but stepkid can you tell me how u wired the halos to run with the DRL and do they also stay on at night with DRL not on???

  9. #159
    FuzzyLogic is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,048

    Re: Cts v dual halo aftermarket headlights.

    Quote Originally Posted by zang8303 View Post
    I might be a little late and I apologize but just joined tonight ... My ctsv headlight stopped working and after taking front end apart and switching bulbs and ballasts turns out I have a bad ballast.. And instead of paying 3 or 400 $ buying a new one I thought I might buy these headlights as long as I can get them rigged up .. This thread has been extremely helpful but stepkid can you tell me how u wired the halos to run with the DRL and do they also stay on at night with DRL not on???
    The CCFLs are intended to be wired to the wires that normally would supply that little corner LED in the stock headlight. Therefore, anytime that thing turns on, your CCFLs will come on.

  10. #160
    aantalis's Avatar
    aantalis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS V Stealth Grey 2008 Hot Lava
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    37

    Re: Cts v dual halo aftermarket headlights.

    FAI(for anyone's info): I tried to split a wire from the signal/drl light to the halo and although the initial test worked individually per side with good signals, when I got all done and connected both sides, the signals wouldn't work. So i cut the splits. So the halos are only on with the triangle lights, ie parking lights switched on during day and auto at night. Also, as others have remarked, the fit is marginal, I couldn't install the bolt near the grill as it was off by 1/2 inch. Still happy with the result tho..

  11. #161
    LaFlame is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    nc
    Age
    26
    Posts
    16

    Re: Cts v dual halo aftermarket headlights.

    hey guys im new to the site... I am definitely going this route. The CCFL's look amazing and since my stock headlights are already oxidized to hell, i will be ordering these today most likely. I do have a few questions before i order anything tho.
    I am planning on ordering the ebay CCFL 7000K headlights, does anyone suggest a good seller that I can be assured they are true 7000K and that they dont turn out like StepChild21 (no offense love the car)
    Also I plan to order the 4300K 35w low beam hid's. Does anyone have the link to purchase a legit set of these? I found this site and was wondering if anyone had any feedback on it... http://www.hidkitxenonlights.com/cts...ac-cts-v-2005/

    And im probably just retarded but how do i upload my picture for my profile on here?

  12. #162
    Rolex's Avatar
    Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Age
    38
    Posts
    11,871

    Re: Cts v dual halo aftermarket headlights.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaFlame View Post
    hey guys im new to the site... I am definitely going this route. The CCFL's look amazing and since my stock headlights are already oxidized to hell, i will be ordering these today most likely. I do have a few questions before i order anything tho.
    I am planning on ordering the ebay CCFL 7000K headlights, does anyone suggest a good seller that I can be assured they are true 7000K and that they dont turn out like StepChild21 (no offense love the car)
    Also I plan to order the 4300K 35w low beam hid's. Does anyone have the link to purchase a legit set of these? I found this site and was wondering if anyone had any feedback on it... http://www.hidkitxenonlights.com/cts...ac-cts-v-2005/

    And im probably just retarded but how do i upload my picture for my profile on here?
    The vendor you're posting in from NC and so are you. Is that a coincidence? Your vendor charges $100 for a HID kit. Since you're also in NC you can add NC sales tax to that price.

    www.sharphid.com

    SharpHID is a vendor here. They sell slim ballast HID kits for $50, don't charge you sales tax, and offer a lifetime warranty.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

  13. #163
    stepchild21's Avatar
    stepchild21 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    156
    Thread Starter
    If you have the room use the full sized hid ballasts. They are made with better quality materials.

    And since I was the first one to do this upgrade I did get a set that weren't CCFL, and by the time I figured that out I had already tampered with the wiring so they would not take them back. Oh well my fault haha. So if anything I'd recommend you'd test to make sure they're true CCFL before you do anything to the headlights or wiring.

    I'm pretty sure fuzzy posted a link to an eBay ad that showed which seller he used.

  14. #164
    LaFlame is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    nc
    Age
    26
    Posts
    16

    Re: Cts v dual halo aftermarket headlights.

    wow I didnt even realize that they were only located 1 hour away from me... as for SHARPID it seems more unclear on the product, dont get me wrong i would love to pay $50 instead or $100 but i am worried i will order the wrong type.. http://www.sharphid.com/product_p/slimhid.htm is this what I should be buying for low beam hid's? 35w, h1 bulb, and 4500k for a brilliant pure white? I will be installing the ballast inside of the light due to NC having inspections. Any input or recommendations are greatly appreciated, I hope i am not making you guys repeat this stuff to much. thanks

  15. #165
    Rolex's Avatar
    Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Age
    38
    Posts
    11,871

    Re: Cts v dual halo aftermarket headlights.

    4500K makes pure white light and offers tons more light output over incandescent lights.

    35 vs 55 watts is your choice. 55w will give you more luminous output, probably 30% more usable light. But even the 35w HIDs give you probably 200% more useable light over incandescent bulbs.

    HID kits are a dime a dozen. Ebay has HID vendors and kits galore. I was just throwing SharpHID in your hat as a suggestion. Having a product with a warranty is never a bad thing.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting