Cts v dual halo aftermarket headlights. - Page 10
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Cts v dual halo aftermarket headlights. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; That is IF the Cts uses smaller gauge wires. Could be simply the fact that the headlights are aftermarket and ...
    stepchild21 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    That is IF the Cts uses smaller gauge wires. Could be simply the fact that the headlights are aftermarket and use smaller gauge wires

bubbolootz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Re: Cts v dual halo aftermarket headlights.

I thought that because I work at a gm dealership and I looked at a picture of the connector end views and I swear the connectors looked different so I thought I had to source out a harness from non hid and rewire it to the hid main harness in the vehicle. Guess not. Anyways I still grabbed one from the wreckers.

stepchild21 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbolootz
    I thought that because I work at a gm dealership and I looked at a picture of the connector end views and I swear the connectors looked different so I thought I had to source out a harness from non hid and rewire it to the hid main harness in the vehicle. Guess not. Anyways I still grabbed one from the wreckers.
    Let me know how this goes. I'm very interested in this idea

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Figured I'd drop an update in here. Still tweaking, but initial impressions are excellent. In person, the look of six vertical halos is pretty unique--even my BMW-driving friends did an abrupt 180° after seeing these things in person. I'll have better pictures later. For now, I'm just basking in the glow of:
    • Six 7000K CCFL halos
    • Two 55 watt 4500K projector headlights
    • Two 35 watt 4500K projector foglamps (not illuminated in these pictures)

Before I forget--the color temperature depicted in these pictures is accurate. I double-checked. You get a nice, strong purple-blue-white flash as you move through the transition between the blocked and unblocked portion of the projection beam.

aantalis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS V Stealth Grey 2003 CTS Sunburst

Very nice. What did you finally do with the wiring? Connect to spade terminals with wires cut from female connector? Did you solder and if so, exactly what? The spade terminals or just wire connections?. I will be starting mine this week, so any help is appreciated.

I cut out the connectors on both ends and spliced the wires.

aantalis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS V Stealth Grey 2003 CTS Sunburst

You cut out the connector at the headlamp? How did you fill the hole, protect the lamp from moisture?

Silicon sealant.

bubbolootz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Hmm my buddy grabbed used harnesses for me at the wreckers, hopefully the right ones. The v is in the body shop il be going there this weekend to see if I can wire them up

Here's one more picture (below). I checked this for accuracy against real life--the headlights are a little green in the picture because of the camera's imperfect color correction. In reality, both the headlights and foglights look exactly like what you're seeing in the foglamp. Pure white core with the slightest hint of blue or purple.

mike6466 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 cts v
    These look good

ronr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

So, I installed a set of these (Angel Eyes from ebay) yesterday.

First the good: They look great. Additionally, the wiring was pretty much plug and play. No cutting wires, no soldering. There was a small piece of the plastic on each headlight that needed to be trimmed off for the factory connector to go on correctly (this is used for mistake proofing the assembly in the factory so that the V Series and the standard lights don't get mixed up on the models.) Additionally, the passengers side light had a different connector on the light than the drivers side. The difference was that the pass side looked exactly like my factory light in that it did not have a plastic area raised between the 2 rows of electrical contacts in the connector. The drivers side did have this raised area. As a consequence, the drivers side connector on wiring harness had to have a small piece right behind the low beam contact (yellow wire) inside the connector removed. This was easily done with a small pair of needle nose pliers. After that everything just plugged in and worked like design (except for the headlight washers of course.)

The bad news: The fit was not nearly as good as I had hoped but I'll live with it.

NOTE: I've got an early '04 that came from the factory with 5 pin HID Ballasts. Perhaps the early V's used wiring more similar to the standard CTS's and that is why it was relatively easy for me to connect but I'm not sure.
    '04 Platinum, Maggie, Corsa cat back, StealthV tune, UUC short throw shifter, Autovation Pedals, Lingenfelter CAI, GC coilovers, Hotchkis sway bars, UUC braided brake lines, Lingenfelter LS9 clutch, Level V RPM Transmission, Creative Steel engine & trans mounts, LSA block with forged bottom end, RHS heads, Comp valve train, ATI damper, Kooks

With regards to the fit: if you push the headlight up and toward the back of the car when you tighten it down, it'll sit nicely. If you don't, it'll look bad.

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ

Quote Originally Posted by ronr View Post
    So, I installed a set of these (Angel Eyes from ebay) yesterday.

First the good: They look great. Additionally, the wiring was pretty much plug and play. No cutting wires, no soldering. There was a small piece of the plastic on each headlight that needed to be trimmed off for the factory connector to go on correctly (this is used for mistake proofing the assembly in the factory so that the V Series and the standard lights don't get mixed up on the models.) Additionally, the passengers side light had a different connector on the light than the drivers side. The difference was that the pass side looked exactly like my factory light in that it did not have a plastic area raised between the 2 rows of electrical contacts in the connector. The drivers side did have this raised area. As a consequence, the drivers side connector on wiring harness had to have a small piece right behind the low beam contact (yellow wire) inside the connector removed. This was easily done with a small pair of needle nose pliers. After that everything just plugged in and worked like design (except for the headlight washers of course.)

The bad news: The fit was not nearly as good as I had hoped but I'll live with it.

NOTE: I've got an early '04 that came from the factory with 5 pin HID Ballasts. Perhaps the early V's used wiring more similar to the standard CTS's and that is why it was relatively easy for me to connect but I'm not sure.
    Plug and play with HID ballasts?? Are you running the stock ballasts?

ronr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by etcts-v

Plug and play with HID ballasts?? Are you running the stock ballasts?
    The HID ballasts come with spade connectors that plug directly into the low beam light bulb connector (inside the light housing). The lights came with standard bulbs that need to be removed and replaced with the HID's.
    '04 Platinum, Maggie, Corsa cat back, StealthV tune, UUC short throw shifter, Autovation Pedals, Lingenfelter CAI, GC coilovers, Hotchkis sway bars, UUC braided brake lines, Lingenfelter LS9 clutch, Level V RPM Transmission, Creative Steel engine & trans mounts, LSA block with forged bottom end, RHS heads, Comp valve train, ATI damper, Kooks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.