Affordable OEM-style chrome/stainless grille replacements?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Affordable OEM-style chrome/stainless grille replacements? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I'm searching for replacements for my stock grilles (upper and lower), as well as the lip on the hood. I ...
    deevergote is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Affordable OEM-style chrome/stainless grille replacements?

I'm searching for replacements for my stock grilles (upper and lower), as well as the lip on the hood. I really like the OEM style, and I'd like to stick to the same look.
    My plan is to attempt a black chrome paintjob using Duplicolor Shadow paint. However, I don't want to paint my original parts.

I've found a number of grilles on ebay, amazon, and some of the larger websites. I can't tell what's good and what's not, though... and it seems the grille combo alone is going to run about $300 (I haven't found the hood lip anywhere yet.)

So, I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction of parts that look at least close to OEM, that won't break the bank! If I like the looks of my paintjob, I can always upgrade to a higher quality piece. I don't want to spend more than I have to for an experiment!

If anyone knows of any black chrome stuff (not totally black, mind you), that would be good to know as well!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Matt4949 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS 3.6 Black/Black; 05 CTS-V Black/Black

Re: Affordable OEM-style chrome/stainless grille replacements?

http://www.amazon.com/Cadillac-Cts-V...d_rhf_ee_p_t_2
    I just ordered this one because it said "Made by OEM approved & ISO certified manufacturers in materials that meet or exceed strict OEM requirements"
    Whatever that means LOL should be in this week, I'll let you know how it looks when it does!
    I'm planning to black out the mesh portion using the new craze plastidip. The black chrome shadow has me thinking though...

Just an update: received the grill today and I'm not a fan. The badge is oversized, looks like the size of an Escalade badge and will look out of place I think on the car. On the plus side, it seems like the quality is decent, wire mesh for the grill and plastic for the rest. I'm in the process of returning and will order a different grill- hopefully.

Additionally, as I stated I was planning to paint/plastidip the grill and it came with the oversized wreath already mounted...

Trying this one now... it should be in early next week. Will let you know if this one is any better...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/110911220130...84.m1497.l2649

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.