Installed Matte Black Wrao on 05 V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Installed Matte Black Wrao on 05 V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Pulled the gun on the matte black hood. What do you all think? photo.JPG...
    JPGIII is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Installed Matte Black Wrao on 05 V

Pulled the gun on the matte black hood. What do you all think?photo.JPG

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

Re: Installed Matte Black Wrao on 05 V

rotas look good on a lowered car... any more angles of the hood?. hahah nice photchop on the DRL.. i hate um too
    JPGIII and JPGIII like this.

They do look good, haha, I was playing around with it before I installed the real deal on the DRL. I liked it so I did it this weekend. Ill take pictures of a different angle here shortlyhood.jpg

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

It looks horrible. So do carbon fiber hoods, but at least the ugliness factor is mitigated by the "I just spent $5000 on a lightweight hood" factor.

Your hood looks plastidipped (which will melt under engine heat, by the way). So you have the worst of all worlds.

Faber is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None :(

Not a fan. Doesn't tie in with the overall car. Everything is shiny but for the hood and the grill trim. Seems more like you got a replacement hood but couldn't afford to paint it. But, if you like it, that's what counts

Quote Originally Posted by Faber View Post
    But, if you like it, that's what counts
    Disagree. When someone sees his CTS-V, their estimation of the CTS-V as platform will go down. So we're all affected.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

ls6junkie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I like it. Then again I'm young and came from the tuner car scene. I don't ever look at a matte or carbon fiber hood on a modified car and think "he couldn't afford paint." I think that he wanted to do something to make his car stick out. Sure there are a lot of mods that make a car stick out that are ugly and gaudy, but I don't think this is one of them. It goes good with the color scheme. And each to their own. I don't think that anyone looks at a CTS-V and says what a pile. They are regarded as some of the best sedans in the world. Anyone that thinks that is just plain ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by ls6junkie View Post
    I like it. Then again I'm young and came from the tuner car scene. I don't ever look at a matte or carbon fiber hood on a modified car and think "he couldn't afford paint." I think that he wanted to do something to make his car stick out. Sure there are a lot of mods that make a car stick out that are ugly and gaudy, but I don't think this is one of them. It goes good with the color scheme. And each to their own. I don't think that anyone looks at a CTS-V and says what a pile. They are regarded as some of the best sedans in the world. Anyone that thinks that is just plain ignorant.
    Or is it your own immaturity and ignorance talking?

One of the worst things about these cars becoming cheaper is that you start getting 18-21 year guys buying them and not having the requisite maturity, skill, or money to treat these cars like the $60,000 machines that they are.

Examples of credit to the brand:

Disgrace:

If the OP wants to continue this matte black look, similar to the black satin V above, I think that's commendable. Otherwise, I recommend getting the hood repainted.
    54inches, 54inches, Mn800r and 1 others like this.

It was a 3m wrap from stickercity. I decided to go back to the classy look that i had before when i got it from Joshua. I was trying new looks. haha cadi2.jpg

Scattilac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6 Black on Black 1SC

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    Disagree. When someone sees his CTS-V, their estimation of the CTS-V as platform will go down. So we're all affected.
    Douche chills...........what a tool, CTS-V gen 1 cars are a dime a dozen (20 grand everywhere), stop thinking you have a legitimate reason to jump on the coat tails of the gen 2's super-car status, for crying out loud get a grip....I know, my sig shows a 3.6 6 cyl grandma CTS...but I have a bunch of cars and still like to linger here, reading posts like yours is pure entertainment. All owners effected by one guys decision to wrap his hood, really cannot make this stuff up hahahahaa...

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Just so you know, I don't like the wrapped hood. For anyone thinking their V1s are taking a rep hit, guys are wrapping hoods in V2 as well.

Bad taste is everywhere, no offense OP...
    54inches and 54inches like this.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Oh, and I Plasti-dip'd my '09 grille...
    54inches and 54inches like this.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Just so you know, I don't like the wrapped hood. For anyone thinking their V1s are taking a rep hit, guys are wrapping hoods in V2 as well.

Bad taste is everywhere, no offense OP...
    Jim, do you have an example? The D3 CTS-V2 Legionnaire makings were carefully selected to adhere to the lines of the car. I don't mind it.

A similar DIY project that didn't have D3's funding, tooling, or experience:

And this makes me want to vomit:

Mn800r and Mn800r like this.

No offense at all I am a believer in constructive criticism. Got a lot of nays from friends and wanted to hear what the V community had to say. Thanks. I thought it would look better but I was not a big fan either.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.