Installed Matte Black Wrao on 05 V - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree31Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Installed Matte Black Wrao on 05 V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by atdeneve If I recall correctly, it's a base V6 CTS with a V grille. It has the ...
    GDPossehl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V

Re: Installed Matte Black Wrao on 05 V

Quote Originally Posted by atdeneve View Post
    If I recall correctly, it's a base V6 CTS with a V grille. It has the base side skirts, rear bumper and mufflers.
    It also has the brakes.

atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Yes indeed, it does have the V calipers.

Basically, regardless of the various smatterings of apparent V parts, it seems more logical to conclude that it is indeed a base V6 CTS that someone went through some effort into trying to outwardly transform into a V homologue, since, although such a practice is not all too uncommon among base V6 CTS owners, it is rather rare that a V owner would put forth any effort into outwardly transforming his or her V into a base V6 CTS homologue by installing base side skirts, rear bumper and mufflers.

The only time I can recall any V owners applying base V6 CTS-specific parts on a V was with the rear shocks, sacrificing handling performance in order to circumvent the rear self-leveling action of the FE4's Nivomats when lowering the vehicle, way back in the early days when the lowering options were not as complete and the Nivomat modifications were not yet exploited.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Who's V is the silver one with drag radials? What has been done to it besides a 5 lug conversion, and what's it run in the 1/4?

2007ThunderV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 cts v

pretty sure hes on ls1 tech, need mo powa, its got a procharged 402 in it,9 inch conversion, runs real good, i think car has broke into the tens

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 2007thunderv View Post
    pretty sure hes on ls1 tech, need mo powa, its got a procharged 402 in it,9 inch conversion, runs real good, i think car has broke into the tens
    mother of god

Rakenjevnk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I like the wrap. Makes it more original and a little meaner. I would have kept the chrome grill but thats just me. Thanks for posting!

JhughesCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 cts

im going to paint my grille hood roof decklid and lisence plate area satin black, but by following the body lines. similar to the D3 v posted earlier in this thread

Mr.Tickles is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 66 Hearse, 78 Hearse

Quote Originally Posted by odthetruth View Post
    Man, that looks so pimp. I'm really planning on doing mine in flat black when the time comes. Whats done to the headlights? I normally see people with tinted headlights and IMO they look dulled and crappy. I like the real glossy look of those.
    Sorry for the delay, I've been Mr. Mom lately.
    I had all of my lights painted. Nothing fancy (not VHT). Some ladies that do body work at a dealership near me painted them. I just ordered some wheels from True Forged, which will be black Satin.

Pho_phizzat is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Looks very good

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Who is this guy? Looking to remove PM restriction, ur something?

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

54inches is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 V

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    Or is it your own immaturity and ignorance talking?

One of the worst things about these cars becoming cheaper is that you start getting 18-21 year guys buying them and not having the requisite maturity, skill, or money to treat these cars like the $60,000 machines that they are.

Examples of credit to the brand:

Disgrace:

If the OP wants to continue this matte black look, similar to the black satin V above, I think that's commendable. Otherwise, I recommend getting the hood repainted.
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    Jim, do you have an example? The D3 CTS-V2 Legionnaire makings were carefully selected to adhere to the lines of the car. I don't mind it.

A similar DIY project that didn't have D3's funding, tooling, or experience:

And this makes me want to vomit:

Agreed, agreed, agreed. On the DIY 2009+, they should have done the whole verticle trunk, but then again, I ooze style. lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.