Installed Matte Black Wrao on 05 V - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Installed Matte Black Wrao on 05 V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; ...
    Mr.Tickles is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 66 Hearse, 78 Hearse

Re: Installed Matte Black Wrao on 05 V

hXc95SLS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1992 Dodge Dakota DD, 2005 CTS-V Black on Black
    18-21 year olds ruining these cars? I bought my V at age 19. I'm 23 now and she's still relatively stock. I know of other younger guys with Vs also. All "tasteful" by some means or others. A persons car is their personal take on the car. I'd personally go flat black wrap or a bright royal blue. It's my car and everyone's opinion doesn't really matter to me.

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ

Wow some heavy opinions on this one, to each their own I could give a shit less if someone doesn't like my car or if someone else has the same car customized to their own likes. The whole point of the customized, modded and after market in and of it self is to be unique. Mad Props for trying something new, takes creativity and balls to find new mods where as most guys just copy everyone else. More importantly it shows humility that you're willing to admit it didn't work out, trust me I've had more than my fair share of those! But I love every part of my special steel machine, I got to know her from the inside out throughout the process, even when I tried installing shitty e-bay led lights!

quikss is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V, 2007 Trailblazer SS, 1969 Chevelle SS

I agree, I think it was the original color of the car that kept it from looking awesome. That color doesnt seem to work well with the flat black. I have considered wrapping my car for some time now, and a few of these pictures have really got me thinking its time to do it.

I love that you tried it, and think if it was a black car it probably would have looked pretty decent. Thats a hard color to work with, its sort of a muted color to start with, and throwing some flat at it just mutes it down even more.

Jeff

EdmundGTP is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

I thought for a while about doing a matte wrap on my car a while back. Living in AZ and driving through Scottsdale frequently I've seen lots of cars wrapped in matte black lately. My resulting observation/opinion on matte black wraps is now this. When the car is CLEAN, and you see it under artificial light either late in the evening or at night (i.e. parking garage, or parking lot at night, or indoors), the matte black finish looks awesome. During the day time in bright full sunlight, it mostly looks like crap, even when it IS clean. I have YET to see a matte finish that looks exceptionally good in broad daylight.
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

fuzzzynutzz.. your opinion is subjective. don't be a douchher and act like its fact or objective. you did this in my thread a while back, photobombing what you consider "tastfull" no one cares.. say you dont like it and move on like everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by hXc95SLS View Post
    18-21 year olds ruining these cars? I bought my V at age 19. I'm 23 now and she's still relatively stock. I know of other younger guys with Vs also. All "tasteful" by some means or others. A persons car is their personal take on the car. I'd personally go flat black wrap or a bright royal blue. It's my car and everyone's opinion doesn't really matter to me.
    +1

ctsvoom is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by JPGIII View Post
    Pulled the gun on the matte black hood. What do you all think?Attachment 94149
    What rims are those on your car? One of the few I've seen and liked.

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tickles View Post
    Man, that looks so pimp. I'm really planning on doing mine in flat black when the time comes. Whats done to the headlights? I normally see people with tinted headlights and IMO they look dulled and crappy. I like the real glossy look of those.

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

Aurora40 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    I didnt think you guys liked V6's with V front ends. I love that satin black CTS.
    Pretty sure that's a V with a 5-lug conversion, not a V6. While I like the satin look, the missing lower grill and fogs looks pretty rough to me. I don't know that I'd pick that car as an example of tasteful modification.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Pimp is originality. Matte black is played out. Following the herd. Boring.

JPGIII is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by ctsvoom

What rims are those on your car? One of the few I've seen and liked.
    These are the Rota Torque's from wheeldude. Thanks I like them too, I got it like that when I purchased it.

atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora40 View Post
    Pretty sure that's a V with a 5-lug conversion, not a V6. While I like the satin look, the missing lower grill and fogs looks pretty rough to me. I don't know that I'd pick that car as an example of tasteful modification.
    If I recall correctly, it's a base V6 CTS with a V grille. It has the base side skirts, rear bumper and mufflers.

Quote Originally Posted by atdeneve View Post
    If I recall correctly, it's a base V6 CTS with a V grille. It has the base side skirts, rear bumper and mufflers.
    With drag radials?

atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    With drag radials?
    Not talking about the silver V with the Camaro front wheels and rear drag radials. He was referring to the satin black car (post #39)...

hmm...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.