Installed Matte Black Wrao on 05 V - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Installed Matte Black Wrao on 05 V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by shadybx7 rotas look good on a lowered car... any more angles of the hood?. hahah nice photchop ...
    JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

Re: Installed Matte Black Wrao on 05 V

Quote Originally Posted by shadybx7 View Post
    rotas look good on a lowered car... any more angles of the hood?. hahah nice photchop on the DRL.. i hate um too
    Eliminate the DRLs ...one of the first things I did when I got my V....along with CAGS eliminate.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answe...drl/index.html

JPGIII is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by JDB

Eliminate the DRLs ...one of the first things I did when I got my V....along with CAGS eliminate.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answe...drl/index.html
    Thanks for the link I'll be looking at doing this. Just installed my headers and H&R's 2 weeks ago. Thinking of doing the VRX4 next month.

ls6junkie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    Or is it your own immaturity and ignorance talking?

One of the worst things about these cars becoming cheaper is that you start getting 18-21 year guys buying them and not having the requisite maturity, skill, or money to treat these cars like the $60,000 machines that they are.
    Immaturity, I guess if you think that a married educated 26 year old homeowner is immature then yes. I am not going to be on here to argue that anyone's taste is better than the others, all I am saying is that there are plenty of car owners of cars that are worth considerably more than our CTS-V's that will make mods similar to this.

Facing the facts that not everyone has the same taste as you might be hard to do. Likewise realizing your aging car that is getting less expensive by the month and is now affordable to a larger demographic of people could be tough to accept. There will be new ideas, bolder moves, and some failures for sure. To be completely honest, every picture example that you posted I agreed with your assessment on. I don't believe that the OP has completed the look that he is going for on his car. I see where he is going with it and to me I think it is acceptable.

I maintain that no one looks at a CTS-V and thinks that the car is a pile of junk. I agree that IMHO some mods (like the examples that you posted under disgrace) are awful, but each to their own. It's called personalizing a car because that's what it is, making the car match your personality. People have different taste, it's human nature; a part of culture, age, and individual personality. For example, I would never make the hood on my V flat black, but I respect the look other people are going for.

I'm not going to sit here and argue about my skill, or financial situation. It has no relevancy to this discussion.

As far as ignorance, I'm going to say that either I was ignorant to the types of owners on this forum, or you are ignorant enough to believe everyone that has different taste than you is inferior and must be informed of their mistakes.

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ls6junkie View Post
    As far as ignorance, I'm going to say that either I was ignorant to the types of owners on this forum, or you are ignorant enough to believe everyone that has different taste than you is inferior and must be informed of their mistakes.
    27 year electrical engineer with a MSEE (UIUC undergrad, RPI grad). I'm one of the guys on the forum that believes very few things are subjective because so many things can be quantified by someone intelligent enough to understand the governing mechanics. I occasionally come off as an egotistical jerk, but I never try to sound like that. I speak my mind directly, and the same bluntness is applied to myself when I screw up or don't understand something. Stick around and you'll see me ream myself out for stupidity as much as I do others.
    HAMSTAR and HAMSTAR like this.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

One of the worst things about these cars becoming cheaper is that you start getting 18-21 year guys buying them and not having the requisite maturity, skill, or money to treat these cars like the $60,000 machines that they are.

Examples of credit to the brand:

Disgrace:

I didnt think you guys liked V6's with V front ends. I love that satin black CTS.

Im also surprised you dont like the silver V. The Camaro rims dont look that bad.

Also....'WERE' $60,000 machines....

To the OP. If you were doing a flat/shiny combination, Id run shiny roof with the rest of the car flat black.

Scattilac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6 Black on Black 1SC

27 year electrical engineer with a MSEE (UIUC undergrad, RPI grad). I'm one of the guys on the forum that believes very few things are subjective because so many things can be quantified by someone intelligent enough to understand the governing mechanics. I occasionally come off as an egotistical jerk, but I never try to sound like that. I speak my mind directly, and the same bluntness is applied to myself when I screw up or don't understand something. Stick around and you'll see me ream myself out for stupidity as much as I do others.

Kind of feminine to lie about your age isn't it Fuzzy one? Everything is subjective when it involves personal taste - you cannot quantify opinion or interpretation....

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Scattilac View Post
    Kind of feminine to lie about your age isn't it Fuzzy one? Everything is subjective when it involves personal taste - you cannot quantify opinion or interpretation....
    Online privacy. Standard practice. And you can go screw yourself, troll. Try contributing something useful.

Scattilac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6 Black on Black 1SC

Nice...I have contributed 487 times so far, kinda takes away the whole troll concept no? And, most of the time I try to be useful, some of the time I spend just picking out chest thumpers as easy targets for entertainment...have a nice day Fuzzy, hope nobody else insults your intelligence today.

Overd0s3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V blk/blk

Looks bad, maybe if you followed the lines of the hood and did the 'inside' it would look better? how hard was it to do?

wcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V Maggied

I think it doesnt work with your car because of the main color of your car. Thanks for doing this though. I've always wondered what it looked like

I like turtles
    HAMSTAR and HAMSTAR like this.

JPGIII is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by Overd0s3
    Looks bad, maybe if you followed the lines of the hood and did the 'inside' it would look better? how hard was it to do?
    I thought about going with the hood lines but did not want to scratch the paint as this was an experiment. Haha. It was hard as another V2 guy put it. Taking it off was just as hard.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

I guess that's been my problem...

Teamsorad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

What's so wrong about the first two cars that are posted? I like the silver one, just not a fan of the vents in the hood and the black one looks pretty clean to me. How are the 18-21yr old's ruining the brand with cars like that?

I agree the original car looks like you bought a hood from certifit and just didn't get it painted. I think a black CTS would look pretty good with a shinny carbon fiber hood, looks pretty good at night

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Disagree. When someone sees his CTS-V, their estimation of the CTS-V as platform will go down. So we're all affected.
    winstonlv and winstonlv like this.

Mr.Tickles is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 66 Hearse, 78 Hearse

My V painted Hot Rod Black
    will have new TF wheels and Tires in a few weeks
    sx54dx, sx54dx, etcts-v and 3 others like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.