Well, my body shop received my Extreme Composites hood today and
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Well, my body shop received my Extreme Composites hood today and in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; it was damaged in two places. It was definately dropped atleast two times because there is a chunk out of ...
    Tackelbarry is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

UPDATE: Well, my body shop received my Extreme Composites hood today and

it was damaged in two places. It was definately dropped atleast two times because there is a chunk out of the front nose as well as the drivers side at the rear. The hood could definately have been packaged better but, it did say in big red letters, " Do Not Lay Flat" When the owner of the body shop went to the Fed Ex truck to get the hood...it was laying flat. The good news is that Fed Ex didn't collect any money for the delivery, so the body shop is going to fit the hood tommorrow to see if it is close enough to keep. If it is, I will pay the body shop to fix Fed Ex's shipping damage and Fed Ex can take the loss on their end. This is the second item in the last two weeks that I ordered that was damaged by Fed Ex. Fed Ex SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will keep you posted.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

I hate my AMG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 Black LS6 CTS-V

Re: Well, my body shop received my Extreme Composites hood today and

Thats very frustrating! i hope it works out tomorrow.

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

My hood came in perfectly. I wouldn't have accepted the hood if I were you--Extreme Composites would have repaired it or replaced it.

I wasn't there to accept or deny the hood. The only reason the body shop allowed the Fed Ex driver to leave the hood is because he did not ask for any payment. It makes me wonder if he knew that there was significant damage. Anyhow, if the body shop does not like the way it mounts and does not think it is worth fixing, it will be sent back and I will go another route with a different company. Were your edges also real inconsistant, with regard to the depth, along the outside of the hood? Mine is very wavy, with sharp underside edges, all the way around.

My underside edges are a little bit sharp on the sides. On the front, it feels like they gently sanded them down. All of the lines are almost perfectly straight.

It appears yours was a "good hood". My lines are no where near straight. I am going to wait until I hear from the body shop tommorrow. If they say send it back, due to the damage, it will go back and I will find another supplier. Let's hope for the best because I really like the look.

Mr.Tickles is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 66 Hearse, 78 Hearse

I was the second person to receive a hood from them years ago. I think it should of been packed better, but I had no problems. However.... looooong story, a friend of one of my employees took my hood home, put my vents in and painted it. It looks like shit. He messe up the bondo arond the vents really bad. Needles to say ..... no one wants to put their hands on the hood. So now I am going after the guy.
    Good Luck: FedEx should take care of it!

tmac2419 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 raven black cts-v

Thats exactly what happened with mine too. Ordered it because of hail damage on my stocker. The right rear end of the hood (driver side), the whole corner was broken off. Luckily we didn't accept the order. EC gave me a full refund. Didn't want to order a replacement.

UPDATE: My body shop mounted the hood and the reveal along the front fenders is very good. The body shop also said they can repair the damage for about the same as the shipping cost would have been from Fed Ex, had Fed Ex collected. I have decided to go forward with the project. Hopefully, I will have my car back by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. I will post pictures when it is done.

Wow. I need to write to people and see what the outcome was. At this point, it sounds like we're 50/50 good/bad.

alradco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Wow, again. Glad they can make it work for you though. Sounds familiar.... Let's see some pics.

Peter

The hood was painted today and is going to be mounted tomorrow. If the color is a good match it will be buffed along with top of the front fenders and I should have my car back. If it is not a good match, due to the car and original paint being 7 years old, they will blend in the top of the front fenders. Hopefully, this will not be needed. I am debating on having a custom decal made for each side of the hood where it raises up on the sides. I will post pictures asap.

UPDATE: The saga continues...... When the body shop began working on easing the sharp edges that are all the way around the hood, on the underside, the edges came apart in several places. Luckily, my body shop is used to doing custom work with fiberglass and was able to fix the problems. Unfortuately, more time/labor means more money from me. Hopefully, I will have the car back today.
    Also, according to Fed Ex, the hood gained 105lbs. going from 50 lbs. to 155 lbs. while being shipped. Apparently, Fed Ex felt the need to re-weigh the hood while it was in route, so they increased my shipping rate from the original $133.81 to $246.00. What group of idiots could possibly beleive an item that does not live, breath, or eat can gain 105 lbs. over a five day period? The one and only, Fed Ex. After spending approximately 30 minutes on the telephone with one of their supervisors, I was finally able to convince him that my hood did not gain wieght while being transported. So the good news is, I only have to pay the original $133.81 for the hood that Fed Ex damaged. Have I ever mentioned Fed Ex SUCKS?
    Meanwhile, after calling and leaving a message letting Mona know that I have the pictures of the damaged box that she requested, all I am hearing from Extreme Composites is crickets. That's right, nothing. Mona was real helpful until she found out Fed Ex was not going to back charge her for the damaged hood. And, the reality is that the hood was very poorly packed. There was no styrofoam or bubble wrap to stabilize or hold the hood securely in the box.
    Unfortunately, this also makes me beleive that if there is another issue with the hood, in the future, there will be no warranty.
    My advice, NEVER use Fed Ex or a company that only offers Fed Ex as the delivery option.
    To some, this post may sound like I am mad or bitter, I am neither. I am mostly dissappointed with everone involved except for my body shop. Bottom line, I am writing all of this, as a review, to give all of you information that might help you make a more informed decision if you decide to buy an aftermarket hood in the future.
    Will the hood look good on my car? Thanks to the time and effort my body shop spent fixing, prepping, and painting it, it will look great. Would I do this all over? Not with the same set of circumstances.

AAIIIC is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

I feel for you, man, and I much appreciate you keeping us abreast of how this is turning out. Considering all the excitement about getting the group buy together, I haven't seen much of anything (other than this thread) with feedback on how the hoods actually look.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

I went and picked up my car today. The hood looks really nice installed. As I was backing in to the garage my wife, who had just pulled in to the driveway, got out of her car and began to follow me. Once in the garage, I asked her what she was doing, and she instantly told me how good the car/hood looked. Keep in mind, I am 50 years old, have never been in the car business, but have owned, modified, or completely restored over 60 different cars/trucks. So, it is very rare if my wife notices a vehicle.
    Do I beleive the hood would have turned out this nice without my bodyshop's persistance, patience, and eye for detail? NO WAY! Would I recommend any of you take on this project? ONLY.... if you have a body shop that you trust to do #1 classic car restoration quality work with fiberglass (which is much different than metal). "Caveat emptor"
    I have a couple of very busy days ahead of me but will try get a few pictures posted early next week.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.