Well, my body shop received my Extreme Composites hood today and - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Well, my body shop received my Extreme Composites hood today and in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; UPS isn't much better, neither company can handle large freight simply put. I had shipped a wood crated AEB 1.8T ...
    M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Re: Well, my body shop received my Extreme Composites hood today and

UPS isn't much better, neither company can handle large freight simply put.

I had shipped a wood crated AEB 1.8T cylinder head (they're rare to find in working condition) to a guy and it arrived to him in a generic brown box with the tiny amount of packing I had in the orginal crate.

needless to say, someone dropped it, destroyed the crate and it arrived to him with several dings and broken tabs.

luckily I had paid for $900 worth of insurance, and they paid to fix it for him.

Tackelbarry is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Re: UPDATE: Well, my body shop received my Extreme Composites hood today and

After a long, and at times frustrating process, as promised, here are a few pictures of the finished hood mounted on my car. All of the credit goes to my bodyshop for their patience, persistance, and quality work.
    Attached Images

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

I'm viewing these on my iPhone screen, but as far as I can tell, the hood looks solid. Fitment looks OEM quality.

Tackelbarry, how's noise, airflow, and heat under the hood? I was considering having a custom hood liner made. Have you thought about something similar? What about your windshield waster sprayers? Are those totally gone now, or have you placed them below the hood?

Fuzzy,
    I am not able to hear any difference in the noise level. I have only had the car back for a couple of days and today was the first chance I had to drive for a half an hour or more. The engine temps were still in their normal range, so everything should be fine. Tomorrow I am going to look and see if the original heat shield can be modified to work with this hood. I will let you know. I have temporarily disconnected my windshield washer sprayer but am looking for away to adapt them to the windshield wipers. I know some of the Volkswagons are set up this way. I will try to call Luke at Lindsay Cadillac and see if there are any GM vehicles with the same length wipers that have the sprayers attached that we can use.
    Like I said in my earlier post, for anyone considering this modification, make sure you have a bodyshop that is able to complete #1 quality custom work "with fiberglass" or you will most likely be dissappointed with the end product. You are right, my hood looks like it was, born on the car, from the factory and I have already had several, WOW! type, compliments on the first day out in public. All in all, I am very happy with the end product, thanks to my bodyshop.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

I must say, I'm not a fan of raised hoods normally, even the stock V2's, but It does seem that the wait was worth it, it looks fantastic, not too much, not too little, just right.
    Pillow likes this.

I hate my AMG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 Black LS6 CTS-V
    Wow looks soo good! !!

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    I'm viewing these on my iPhone screen, but as far as I can tell, the hood looks solid. Fitment looks OEM quality.

Tackelbarry, how's noise, airflow, and heat under the hood? I was considering having a custom hood liner made. Have you thought about something similar? What about your windshield waster sprayers? Are those totally gone now, or have you placed them below the hood?
    Fuzzy, I checked my original hood liner and it will fit with very minor trimming. However, it also appears that the factory holes for the plastic retaining pins are in areas of the new hood where there may not be enough void space to make them work. Also, I have a possible windshield wiper arm, that includes the sprayer, on the way and will let you know if it will work. Hopefully, it will be here by the weekend. Stay tuned.

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Thanks for keeping me informed, Tackelbarry. I'm definitely going to be carefully examining heat, both on the hood surface (bad for the paint) and the seal on my open-top custom Lingenfelter CAI. If there's any way I can also add some sound deadening material, I'm going to do that too.

RCVW is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): "Angel Dust" 2004 White Diamond CTS 3.6L-V

looks great sir!

strapp1000 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Has anyone figured out the windshield washer sprayer location issue?

I believe the wipers from a 2005 Chevrolet Silverado dbl. cab truck will work. You will need the wipers, nuts, and nut caps. Also, you will probably need to re-route the original supply lines under the plastic cowl and then extend them with hose line to attach to the wipers. I had Luke at Lindsay send me one wiper to test, but I did not have all of the parts so I sent it back until I have the time to complete the project. Overall, the 2005 wiper assembly appears to be about an inch shorter than the original assembly. So, you can make up the difference with either a longer set of wiper blades or leave it approximately in inch shorter than stock. Hope this helps.

CadzillaTN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    That looks really good!.. Id say stock if I'd never seen the original. Much beefier, very V2-like without going over the top.

The midday shot along with the grass hides the stock height well, which makes it look better overall considering the raised hood.

The heat extractor is still my overall favorite but in silver I like this better.

Skidmarcx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE!
    Looks bad ass...

alradco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I think your V looks absolutely amazing! That's a very nice hood for the V, very subtle without being over the top.

Peter

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Usually with an aftermarket hood, the lines are all uneven and don't match up with the fenders. Looks like the body shop did a great job avoiding that. Looks awesome!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.