HID color
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By EdmundGTP
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, HID color in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Does anybody know what the color temperature of the stock HID's is? I want to match the high beams to ...
    etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ

HID color

Does anybody know what the color temperature of the stock HID's is? I want to match the high beams to the HIDs as close as possible.

I got a set of 6500k and they are way too blue, looks like crap when both high & low are on.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Re: HID color

Should be 4300 if I'm not mistaken.

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

I think you nailed it! thank you, here is a link I found:

http://www.d3cadillac.com/products/hid

LAYGO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V - '96 Impala SS

I updated my D1S bulbs. Still need to do my high beams, but after upgrading my fogs to HID, I DO NOT NEED HIGH BEAMS ANYMORE! I see perfectly.

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

I went with 4500k 35W for the road lights and they were not a perfect match. Still a little blue after they warmed up.

alradco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

We sell a lot of HID kits. The 4300 should not have any blue to it. That's the color I use on my cars. It will vary a bit from one manufacturer to the next though.

Peter

EdmundGTP is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Upgrade to HID fogs that match your 6500K headlights and never use your high beams again.. It's what all the "cool" kids are doing these days.. Besides, the V's high beams suck hard to begin with..
    etcts-v and etcts-v like this.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

HID 4300 50W fogs here. Love 'em, but use only in daylight or with no oncoming traffic.

I agree the V's high beams can't hold a candle to my DD's ('04 Buick Rainier). The DD is incredible.

EDIT: Oops! Yeah, atdeneve, you're right. Mine are 55w, not 50W.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

55w?

Quote Originally Posted by LAYGO View Post
    I updated my D1S bulbs. Still need to do my high beams, but after upgrading my fogs to HID, I DO NOT NEED HIGH BEAMS ANYMORE! I see perfectly.
    Yeah I have HID fogs but also went a little too blue, plus they are smoked so I never use them. I also never use my high beams, I think I've turned them on twice in the last two years! haha Seattle city driving doesn't allow for high beams, but I did want to get them to match while I had the bumper off. Planning on also opening up the headlights and painting the insides black to get rid of the terrible sliver!

What color did you upgrade your D1S bulbs too? They are aftermarket I take it?

Blue is terrible for headlights or fog lights in my opinion. Suck for driving and look ricey, saw a truck the other day that had damn near disco blue lights, looked cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by etcts-v View Post
    Yeah I have HID fogs but also went a little too blue, plus they are smoked so I never use them. I also never use my high beams, I think I've turned them on twice in the last two years! haha Seattle city driving doesn't allow for high beams, but I did want to get them to match while I had the bumper off. Planning on also opening up the headlights and painting the insides black to get rid of the terrible sliver!

What color did you upgrade your D1S bulbs too? They are aftermarket I take it?

Blue is terrible for headlights or fog lights in my opinion. Suck for driving and look ricey, saw a truck the other day that had damn near disco blue lights, looked cheap.
    I linked to all the info for all the bulbs I used. I don't think my lights are blue at all. They've got a SLIGHT blue tint. See the pics. I don't think the blue is as visible.

Totally missed that link, thank you! I like your setup, has a great look.

Lows + fogs on a pitch black road:

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.