Team Dynamic Rims - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Team Dynamic Rims in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by Larimer I've been shown that there are actually two different wheels that you can get. Ones like ...
    garrettg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

Re: Team Dynamic Rims

Quote Originally Posted by Larimer View Post
    I've been shown that there are actually two different wheels that you can get. Ones like mine, where the rears won't fit. And ones with a thicker ring for the hub, as shown in these pictures sent by tigerlion.

http://www.submariner.org/thepno95/P...0dynamics2.jpg

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...217_155459.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/a...Picture039.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...ht_1252wt_1163

I ordered mine from Sean at TrinityTEK like everyone else, oddly. I tried confirming with TD USA to get a set that would work with the caps, and Sean himself said they had been machined for the caps. Turns out it's a freaking lottery with what you'll actually get, the "track" wheels (like mine) or the street wheels (above) that fit the caps. Very disappointed that I can't run rear caps because of this, I wish I hadn't bought the wheels in the first place now as I spent weeks trying to confirm that the caps would fit between every place that sold the wheels that I could find.
    I have a set with caps installed its somewhat tight on the rear axle but they should flush I have a 07. If I am understanding this correctly wouldn't a 3-5mm spacer solve the problem or is there an actual difference with the center bore material hard for me to see in those pictures. I can snap a picture with mine off and on if needed. Also for anybody looking at these the center caps are cheap plastic, mine already have moisture behind the clear plastic face and the metal ring fell out of one and the inside plastic tabs are busted or almost useless on 2 of them. Some of this is my fault as I let NTB install the center caps first go(bent/broken tabs) and I also did a track day with them installed(moisture behind the clear face??) but in the end they are just plastic. I am considering painting them flat black to match the wheels. The faux bolts around the outside of the center caps are dumb as well.

Larimer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

The wheels themselves are different. There's a raised lip on the hub that puts the caps further out on some of the wheels. A spacer may solve it, but I'm not looking to add spacers.

Den_93 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS V

I got 2 sets of spacers if you want to try them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Larimer View Post
    The wheels themselves are different. There's a raised lip on the hub that puts the caps further out on some of the wheels. A spacer may solve it, but I'm not looking to add spacers.
    I had a chance to look at mine and see what you mean. I would stay after it with td usa see if they make it right, they should offer different models of the wheels ie street and track. The wheel is a great deal for this car they would sell even more if they advertised it with center caps. I assume yours came with caps like mine did no fit should mean defective product.

The best Sean could do was offer that when they get another set in to send them to me and exchange. But I'd pay shipping, and I'd have to dismount and remount my tires. No thanks. The other option is to try and find some center cap spacers or something which we're looking into now. It's pretty annoying that nobody knew what was available for these wheels since I emailed for WEEKS trying to make sure I got a set that would fit with caps.

Dem, if I don't get the cap solution worked out I may try the spacers and see if they fit. How thick are yours?

I think they are 8mm and 14mm thick. I got 2 sets. I will pm you my #.
    Dennis

Thanks. Still working with the seller to see if we can come to a solution without spacers.

No problem. Let me know if he plans on replacing your 2 wheels, I might be interested in them if they are cheap.

I don't think that's an option at this point for me or him. I'd like to be able to rotate tires so hopefully a cap or spacer solution will be the final answer.

Be interested in hearing from team dynamics directly has to be some reason for the difference. If it helps bought mine march 2011 which is also when the first references of them being shipped with caps/raised lip.

Junior1 is online now Cadillac Owners Racer
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV

Just to let yas know, Luke from Lindsay also sells these wheels.
    Unfortunately they won't be in the US until mid-late May per both Sean and Luke
    2005 cadillac cts-v.r #83 nasa st3 . 2011 escalade esv . 2011 sierra denali

Update: Sean is getting some center cap adapters made. Anybody else in need of a set with the "track" wheels?

Bueller is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Yes I have one of the first sets that Luke sold.

12race is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 06' CTS-V

Is TrinityTek (Sean) slow on responding? I have left voicemail & email inquiring about this wheel for my 06' V.

04cts v is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I made a set of center caps for $40...these are my TDM wheels on my 04 CTS-V. Don't mind the dirty wheels, but I bought the center caps on ebay for $35 and then painted them with semi-flat black paint.

IMG_1230.JPG
    Mn800r and Mn800r like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.