H&R Lowering Issue - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, H&R Lowering Issue in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Sidenote: if the H&R's look like that I may not order the ground control kit! Looks pretty good in my ...
    sx54dx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V
    Sidenote: if the H&R's look like that I may not order the ground control kit!
    Looks pretty good in my opinion.

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ

Re: H&R Lowering Issue

Crises averted! Got the fenders rolled this weekend, I rented an Eastwood fender roller from a guy off craigslist for $20, those things work like a charm! Although they do not fit our lug pattern so I was only have to strap it down on one stud.

I would not recommend using a rubber mallet!! I used one on the bottom corner of the drivers side front which the roller wouldn't reach and it totally jacked my fender. I also had to modify the plastic fender wells as they were all jacked up as well.

With that said I got my first real good look under the car for rubbing and scraping (jacking up the car is a challenge now being so low and all) and I have to say not bad! Few small scrapes and rubs but overall great condition. With the fenders rolled all clearance issues are resolved, perfect fit! I have just enough fractions of a inch to maneuver the tires.

Thanks for the input on this everyone!

Ny's Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cts-V
    Pictures??

EdmundGTP is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Still strikes me as odd that you'd have any rubbing at all, but as long as you've fixed whatever issues you have, that's good.

Actually now, just out of curiosity, did you remove or trim your bumpstops on the front struts?

Yeah I did cut about 1/2 an inch off the bump stops. Here are a few pics.

Attachment 87050 Attachment 87051Attachment 87052

EdmundGTP is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Hmm.. Well I guess I dont have much more to offer on all that except, don't go fast over big bumps, especially if you're turning..

For some reason, your tire still looks much closer to the fender lip than mine ever was after lowering. Maybe it would boil down to a difference in camber settings. i.e. more negative camber would draw the top part of the tire further inwards away from the fender lip.

soulja is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Sedan 6MT, (Sold) 05 Maggie & 8.8 V1.

Quote Originally Posted by etcts-v View Post
    Crises averted! Got the fenders rolled this weekend, I rented an Eastwood fender roller from a guy off craigslist for $20, those things work like a charm! Although they do not fit our lug pattern so I was only have to strap it down on one stud.

I would not recommend using a rubber mallet!! I used one on the bottom corner of the drivers side front which the roller wouldn't reach and it totally jacked my fender. I also had to modify the plastic fender wells as they were all jacked up as well.

With that said I got my first real good look under the car for rubbing and scraping (jacking up the car is a challenge now being so low and all) and I have to say not bad! Few small scrapes and rubs but overall great condition. With the fenders rolled all clearance issues are resolved, perfect fit! I have just enough fractions of a inch to maneuver the tires.

Thanks for the input on this everyone!
    There nothing wrong with using a rubber mallet. You must have been doing something wrong or not being patient. Did you use a heat gun too with the mallet? That is a necessity so you don't crack the paint.

Yes of course I used a heat gun, the paint did not chip or crack at all and yes I went slow and supported both sides of the fender. It's the sheet metal that caused problems not the paint, sure you can get by with a rubber mallet but do so at your own risk. I ended up with a few ripples in the sheet metal. The biggest down side is you don't get a long smooth roll like you do with the fender roller, you get a bunch of hammer marks knocking the sheet metal flat.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.