New style headlight on eBay
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, New style headlight on eBay in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Anybody seen them? I'm on my phone so I can't post a link but thought I'd share. Just look up ...
    ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

New style headlight on eBay

Anybody seen them? I'm on my phone so I can't post a link but thought I'd share. Just look up CTS-V headlight and you'll see them. They have an LED strip built in and halos. Not sure I like it. Would like to see some in a V. They have black and chrome. Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

raguncajn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Re: New style headlight on eBay

I like them, but I'm not sure about the high beams. They look too recessed to actually do any good. I'm might get some and put an HID kit in them from DDM and sell the chrome set that I have. I'm blacked out everywhere else and I think these will look great.

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

The Raven might be able to pull it off but I'm not liking that LED strip at all.

cam3439 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

that cts kind of reminds me of a ford fusion now with those lights

AAIIIC is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

I'd be interested to see a head-on shot, but from what I see in the pictures above, I think they look ugly. The curved LED strip doesn't really match up to the angular body lines, and the silver ribbed reflector on the high beam (?) on the bottom stands out too much against the blacked-out body of the light.

I wonder what the lights are in the big, top picture? Those aren't CTS lights - that projection towards the middle of the car doesn't exist on our lights.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Bigtuna819 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

yeahhh, not a fan of these...

VinATL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

Is it just me, or does the shot on-car look photoshopped?

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

if i were to buy knock offs i would rather buy these but they are not HID compatible..

those other ones with the leds look fugly

----------

looks photoshopped in this pic too

CTS-WOAH is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts-v

I like the Black one's with the dual halo's but not a fan of the other two either. Yes the pics are definately photoshopped it looks like the light is too big for the car.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

I like the overall design of the lights and I think on a Raven the black could look great. But, like most aftermarket ones, the LED strip reeks of cheap. I honestly think light pipe is the way to go for accent lighting. Looks great on the CTS.

Interestingly, compare the 2012 Audi A6 and A7. They came out at almost the same time yet one has accent LEDs and the other(the A6) had accent light piping.

----------

A6 lights...

----------

A7 lights...

----------

Quote Originally Posted by shadybx7 View Post
    if i were to buy knock offs i would rather buy these but they are not HID compatible..

those other ones with the leds look fugly

I love how they are "Performance Auto Lights" and aren't in HID...
    shadybx7 and shadybx7 like this.

Faber is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None :(

hmmm.....not a fan...

agp
    agp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 3.6L Sport | R1 drilled/slotted

I have to say I am a fan, besides, it's half the cost of the kind with 2 halos. Does this work with stock HIDs? Has anyone tried them yet?

cincyenginerd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

I don't know... the LED ones don't really flow with the vintage of the 1st-gen CTS. The new ATS has the light pipe headlamps, but the light pipe is much more integral to the design than these retrofits. There would have to be some LED foglamps for the headlamps to 'work' for me.

I'd pick the dual-halo lamps if they weren't so expensive... and worked with the stock HID setup. Near-$500 is much more worthwhile in performance mods.

xbladr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

the dual projector one looks good but not working with HID is a deal breaker and 500 is seriously expensive!

J W
    J W is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS /CTS-V / Escalade

The projection part doe exist on cts lights, it just cannot be seen once installed. Not a fan of what i see pictured but would like to see them in chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    I'd be interested to see a head-on shot, but from what I see in the pictures above, I think they look ugly. The curved LED strip doesn't really match up to the angular body lines, and the silver ribbed reflector on the high beam (?) on the bottom stands out too much against the blacked-out body of the light.

I wonder what the lights are in the big, top picture? Those aren't CTS lights - that projection towards the middle of the car doesn't exist on our lights.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.