Alcantara teaser
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Alcantara teaser in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; They're being shipped to me now. Should have in car pics next week. http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-c...rn-skinny.html...
    Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Alcantara teaser

They're being shipped to me now. Should have in car pics next week.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-c...rn-skinny.html

'05 Platinum l LPE CAI l Magnaflow l V1 (hardwired), w/ custom mount l UUC shifter l UUC Alcantara shift knob l K9 GEAR rear seat cover lHID fogs lHotchkis sways lCG-Lock l Specter Bushings l FG2s l Ground control 550/600 l MAGGIE 439RWHP/414RWTQ (Dynojet) l Heavys fire extinguisher bracket l Interceptor scan-gauge l Billet pedals l Meth l NO HEADERS l Original diff l 90mm upgrade l 2.6" drive pulley l LS7 clutch w/16lb. FW l Alcantara

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Re: Alcantara teaser

Interesting and unique!
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

that is sweet. I so want get my steering wheel wrapped in alcantara.

crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

kule...I want one.

Aurora40 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

What will you use for a shift knob?

Edit: nevermind, it's in the first picture in the corner...

Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Racer
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV

I may go this route if I end up not going with a full blown removable race wheel at first...
    2005 cadillac cts-v.r #83 nasa st3 . 2011 escalade esv . 2011 sierra denali

Thanks for the link btw twitch. I contacted them. They want $389 to do my wheel in alcantara. Now I just need to find a used Camaro wheel to send them. Lest I park my car for a week which I can't do.

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

is that the stock knob?

Installed everything last night. Very easy to do the wheel with proper tools and a gentle touch releasing the clips for the airbag.

Knob is a UUC. Color is charcoal.

As you can see the wheel is slightly fatter than stock. I would however recommend the thicker padding on the V if you want it noticeable. The alcantara does feel great though. Takes a bit of getting used to palming the wheel in tight turns.

Side note: The CTS wheel I got had the controls with the volume knob on the right and "1234" on the left. I plugged it in and none of the controls worked in my car.

Tony
    '05 Platinum l LPE CAI l Magnaflow l V1 (hardwired), w/ custom mount l UUC shifter l UUC Alcantara shift knob l K9 GEAR rear seat cover lHID fogs lHotchkis sways lCG-Lock l Specter Bushings l FG2s l Ground control 550/600 l MAGGIE 439RWHP/414RWTQ (Dynojet) l Heavys fire extinguisher bracket l Interceptor scan-gauge l Billet pedals l Meth l NO HEADERS l Original diff l 90mm upgrade l 2.6" drive pulley l LS7 clutch w/16lb. FW l Alcantara

Shame. That volume control knob on the wheel is pure win.

Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Racer
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    As you can see the wheel is slightly fatter than stock. I would however recommend the thicker padding on the V if you want it noticeable. The alcantara does feel great though. Takes a bit of getting used to palming the wheel in tight turns.
    Tony
    So with the thin padding it's not noticiable over the stock thickness? Or do you mean noticeable as in standing out in the car?
    2005 cadillac cts-v.r #83 nasa st3 . 2011 escalade esv . 2011 sierra denali

They recommend the thicker padding with alcantara since it is not as thick as leather.

Quote Originally Posted by Junior1 View Post
    So with the thin padding it's not noticiable over the stock thickness? Or do you mean noticeable as in standing out in the car?
    I meant noticeable in your hand. I didn't want it to stand out but it would have been nice if it felt better.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    They recommend the thicker padding with alcantara since it is not as thick as leather.
    I wish this was mentioned to me before the work was done.

Aurora40 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

Is the fabric a good match for the seat inserts? Looks good!

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora40 View Post
    Is the fabric a good match for the seat inserts? Looks good!
    It's certainly lighter than the inserts. But depending on lighting and angle your looking at it, both the inserts and alcantara can change a few shades so it's close. I'll get back to you on this after I've lived with it a little more. Only drove the car a bit the other night, and haven't had it out in the light yet. I do love opening the door, and it's the first thing I see as I'm getting in the V

Edit: Keep in mind all the in car pics are with the flash on (Yes I got up early in the morning to get some pics for you guys). The alcanara looks grey. But in the pics emailed to me from the shop they almost look black.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.