Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Alcantara teaser

13K views 39 replies 14 participants last post by  Twitch 
#1 ·
See less See more
#4 ·
kule...I want one.

#6 ·
I may go this route if I end up not going with a full blown removable race wheel at first...

#9 ·
Installed everything last night. Very easy to do the wheel with proper tools and a gentle touch releasing the clips for the airbag.

Knob is a UUC. Color is charcoal.

As you can see the wheel is slightly fatter than stock. I would however recommend the thicker padding on the V if you want it noticeable. The alcantara does feel great though. Takes a bit of getting used to palming the wheel in tight turns.

Side note: The CTS wheel I got had the controls with the volume knob on the right and "1234" on the left. I plugged it in and none of the controls worked in my car.

Tony

#11 ·
As you can see the wheel is slightly fatter than stock. I would however recommend the thicker padding on the V if you want it noticeable. The alcantara does feel great though. Takes a bit of getting used to palming the wheel in tight turns.
Tony
So with the thin padding it's not noticiable over the stock thickness? Or do you mean noticeable as in standing out in the car?

#15 ·
It's certainly lighter than the inserts. But depending on lighting and angle your looking at it, both the inserts and alcantara can change a few shades so it's close. I'll get back to you on this after I've lived with it a little more. Only drove the car a bit the other night, and haven't had it out in the light yet. I do love opening the door, and it's the first thing I see as I'm getting in the V :)

Edit: Keep in mind all the in car pics are with the flash on (Yes I got up early in the morning to get some pics for you guys). The alcanara looks grey. But in the pics emailed to me from the shop they almost look black.

#16 ·
So ya think the Black would be a better match than the Charcoal ?

#18 ·
I'm the wrong person to ask about the black. I just didn't like it. Shady got his wheel done in black so hopefully he'll post up some pics soon.
The extra thick padding is a must!

#21 ·
#20 ·

black matches

#27 ·
white stitch.. still feels like new, hasn't worn at all after a year

#28 ·
#25 ·
I'm glad you shared this, looks great! I actually contacted Dallas last year about this same thing, cool to see an actual V result! I haven't done mine yet because I've been trying to come up with a solution for the ugly ass airbag center cover with ugly sticker Cadillac emblem.. Been thinking over possibly trying to cut out the emblem of a V2 Steering wheel and have dallas wrap the center piece and then figure out a way to attach that V2 emblem.

#33 ·
Props to Darkman :thumbsup:

#37 ·
It's posted. There's a few threads and I'm pretty sure they're all linked, including this one.

you dont need a steering wheel puller.. mine came right off with little effort
I used a puller. But it did come off VERY easy. I'm sure it would've come off by hand.

#35 ·
you dont need a steering wheel puller.. mine came right off with little effort

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.