Another wheel thread with some options possible
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Another wheel thread with some options possible in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Yes I know this may be the 1000000th wheel thread but, I have been looking at other options. I am ...
    xbladr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Another wheel thread with some options possible

Yes I know this may be the 1000000th wheel thread but, I have been looking at other options. I am trying to figure out what else we could possible go with in terms of wheel options for the V. What do you think about these options do you believe they would fit?

http://www.hubcap-tire-wheel.com/Bos...eels-Rims.html

http://dubsandtires.com/view_detail.php?whlnoid=28752

http://www.hubcap-tire-wheel.com/Bos...eels-Rims.html

I know the 316 has a backspace of 6.263 and offset of 40. Not sure on the 330's. What do you guys think would they fit? Maybe a tiny spacer something less than a 1/4 inch.

I would prefer 19's but 19's just don't seem to exist except for the linea and i have heard tons of bad things for the short time they have been available.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: Another wheel thread with some options possible

The 330 looks pretty good, the 316 doesn't do anything for me. Of course, seeing them on a website isn't exactly like actually seeing them on a car, so who knows.

Do you have any reason not to trust that website? Their search function says the wheels will fit, so why do you think you would need a spacer?
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

I have seen many people try wheels that would "FIT" according to a website and they wont clear the caliper or they hit the trailing arms stuff like that. They don't necessarily take in the offset, the depth, the caliper clearance etc. The 330's are definitely sexy and the ones I want the 316's with the 40 offset I would think would have a better chance of fitting however and I do like them as they remind me of the Camaro SS wheels.

This would be on a stock ride height car fyi!

Aurora40 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

My two cents, but I don't think wheels with a dish really look that good on the V. It also makes the diameter of the wheel look smaller. I.e. an 18" wheel with a dish looks smaller than the 18" stocker. Though maybe that's a plus since you are looking at 20" wheels. Both of those wheels look pretty chunky.

Yea hey both are a little heavier. The main reason I am looking for something different is I do not love the wheel options we have. The linea seem to have issues the team dynamics are a little dull/plain and the rota's don't seem to really compliment the car. Rota hs some other ones and I have contacted wheeldude to see if rota would make a set of wheels in one of their other styles for the V.

550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

None of those will fit.

Yep after some more research I came to the same conclusion 550hp stsv... so it looks like I will be going with the satin black team dynamics as wheeldude said they have no intentions of making any other wheels for the V at this time.

I came across these today
    http://www.wheelsnext.com/wheels-rim...r%2520Lip.html

It looks like they have some more options as well with custom bolt patterns. Also the 45 offset definitely may fit.

550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

They wont clear your brake calipers. None of the wheels from Wheelsnext.com will.

Try again.

Haha thanks STS it really is that much of a PIA to find wheels that'll fit huh

Also how do you know they wont clear the caliper it doesnt look like it'd be a tight fit but, I obviously can't tell from the pic

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.