Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Eddie's 04 V hit revive and rebuild thread !

29K views 165 replies 37 participants last post by  I hate my AMG 
#1 ·
Okay guys some of you might have seen my introduction in the general from. I picked this up from a salvage only shop in MO , the car is orginally from Texas , ( i wouldnt be surprised if the car belonged to a member on here) This thread will document me fixxing the car back to road worthy as well as some mods. The car is hit in the rear pretty good, but my father restores cars and does collision repair and paints for a living and has access to everything needed to fix the car including the frame mechine so its in the right hands and were ready to tackle the project. Ill be picking up the new quarter pannels this weekend if all goes well. All in all im happy with the car besides the rear area the car is very clean. im loving the black chrome wheels too.
enjoy guys , ( be paient this will take some time ! :D )

Attachments

See less See more
#32 ·
Yes this wasn't intended to be a clip job but after I purchased the clip and saw the results of the frame work (which came out amazing) but with a hit like it was it will come out much cleaner clipping it. My farther has been doing collision repair his whole life as well as painting so him and his shop buddies have plenty of experience. So yes cut and weld coming right up. As far as titling the car I have herd of a few actually successfully transferring a salvage to clean j actually know someone who accomplished this I'm not sure how but after the car is on the road and finished I will be doing all I can to get it clean if possible if not then so be it doesn't bother me. Keep posted guys!

----------

Also frame work was done from my farther friends shop so I can't really tell you how as I don't even know it was sort of favor job hense it taking 2 months

#33 ·
i went through the salvage -to- clean title here in NJ for a motorcycle several years ago. It was very similar to doing a car and isnt hard at all. Just take pictures of it prior and from every angle, then take after pics. They tell you what angles they want. Also keep all receipts of parts purchased along with all VIN numbers from parts cars. That way they can see where you got all the parts from legally. You might still have to go to Trenton to do paperwork and get the appointment at the nearest specialty inspection station. You bring pics and all documentation to your appointment with the car, and hand it over then sit in the waiting room for up to an hour. DO NOT bother the inspectors, let them take their time. My 99 Honda CBR600F4 took only 20 min, but a car that was there got failed because the owner kept walking into the garage to check on the progress. Now keep in mind it will be a clean title but will also state it has a salvage history.

#46 ·
In Minnesota, I do not beleive a title goes from clean to "green" ever. It could go from salvage to re-constructed. Take four photos, bill of sale for parts, apply for a reconstructed title. The new title does not denote salvage. I did this also with a motorcycle. State records would show it as a reconstructed title altho title did not.
I had a Porsche 944 with rear end damage. Car came to me from a body shop which applied for an in-state title. Title was clean howevcer CarFax showed it as salvage and referenced an accident.
In some cases I've seen, a car involved in an accident on "private' property will not show in CarFax. Car towed from an private parking lot to a shop , repaired. No title name change. No CarFax.
Vehicle involved in a theft recovery with zero damage and paid off by insurance company could receive a salvage title. Once the insurance company takes ownership it could/might become salvage and be reflected in CarFax as salvage.

#34 ·
Wow thanks for the info! Appreciate it. I know i have to go through a special inspection just to get the car on the road as a salvage title but so far I've been keeping track of all receipts and vins as well as photos. Good info tho man thank you. I'm having alot of fun with this car already and enjoy working on .

#36 ·
Alright guys ! finished dropping everything this morning and now its time to start cutting! a little pictures for enjoyment!

Can anyone tell me if i'm working with the original diff ???

----------

A little side projects im working on while i have the car apart is Yellow calipers and waiting hopefully today my tint guy can come and 50% my front windshield :bouncy:

#50 ·
My dad has been doing body work and collision repair for 30 years our garage has everything from his old shop its a 4 car bay and has everything we would need and I am only at a little over 10 grand total.

----------

So I think I'm saving atleast a little. But I don't know I enjoy projects like this I built a mk3 supra from the ground up 2 years ago so this is a fun little project as well.

#52 ·
Hhahaha! Too good! Anyone of my friends that walk in my garage their jaws just drop and say I'm nuts lol. But I can't wait to finish it I'm ordering up force axles this week and I have a creative steal diff bushing. Does anyone know where I can find a used third break light that won't break my bank!?!?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.