Eddie's 04 V hit revive and rebuild thread ! - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Eddie's 04 V hit revive and rebuild thread ! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Saturday we will have paint!...
    I hate my AMG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 Black LS6 CTS-V

Re: Eddie's 04 V hit revive and rebuild thread !

Saturday we will have paint!

scott9001 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 sts N* 1965 coupe deville

your hids are your plugs able to go both ways i know on my deville when i put hids in they were like that but that was a 9007 bulb i dont know whats in the cts

2007ThunderV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 cts v

soooo, is it painted?

Guys its not painted yet, The was a small accorn type dents in the front fender,roof and both driver side doors i wasnt going to bother touching up but i figured i came this far why not make the car 100% spotless i also am repainting my front bumper and filling in the license plate hole ! grrrr always makes me mad front plates , then out PPG rep came through hooked us up and gave us regualr Black Raven paint and clear and all that fun stuff but now that i just fixed the dents all over the car i have to repaint the whole car ...... SOOOOOOOOOOOO i dont think my paint rep is to happy with our return of raven black and request for a new color ....... heheheheh this will delay my build a little bit but be worth it in the end ! :X keep posted!

lilred is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V, 2012 CTS-V

Black Raven. F that.

Its not going to be the raven black! Im trying my hardest to make black diamond happen!

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by I hate my AMG View Post
    Its not going to be the raven black! Im trying my hardest to make black diamond happen!
    MMmmmmm....me like Black Diamond!

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

Damn! I went away for a long time hoping to see a completed build when I came back in!!! All good though I'm glad you are delaying to make her something unique and special. Black Diamond is going to be so BAMF.

Guys the cars legal ! Listen to this story ... yesterday I called DMV in the morning to find out where I needed to get my title changed to my name as there are only specific dmv's that can do so. The nearest one being an hour away so i drive the hour there and surprisingly welcome at the salvage desk by this very friendly black women the lady was awesome! Cracking jokes left and right just all around good mold which is surreal for a DMV employee lol anyway to cut to the chase I hand her my title and I guess she mistaken the title and assumed that I had bought a previous salvage title car that has been repaired and proceeded to print me a standard title with previous salvage history at this point I was a bit confused and wasn't going to say a word. She hands me the title and i politely ask her what my next step would be to redgester the vehicle which really is me calling the state DMV to have them inspect the vehicle to deem safe and road worthy as well as look at all my previous recipts to check for stolen parts for the repair. She tells me that I am all ready to be legal and drive it and i can redgester the car right then I wasn't going to argue with this I handed her the money and she handed me my plates I was in totally shock not only did I some how manage to avoid the state inspection but saved another 200 dollars of inspection fees and the hassle of driving to Trenton the capital! I couldn't have been happier! Saturday is the day boys! Paint here we come and its done! Im still unsure about the color I have the original raven black paint to do the car but the Rep is working his magic and trying hard to make black diamond happen so we will see either way ill be a happy guy having it done. Finally can start saving for them headers and a cam!

what about making your own black diamond, shoot the car with 8555 as a base, then get your paint rep to sell you a half gallon of some corse metallic, mixed with pearl. vola.
    when i paint my customes vehicles and they want something different so i generally use a factory color as a base, and thrown on a flake/pearl as a mid, then hammer the car with clear.
    i get that it wont be the same as factory black diamond, but you will save a pile of coin if your paint rep cant get ya a deal on it.

Thunderv I know that's a good option Im not sure if your firmiilar with Subaru Java black Pearl but thats a sweet color that's is a option as well that is a single stage paint!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I had Midnight Black Pearl on my '01 Accord coupe. Gorgeous color with a tinge of blue...

Quote Originally Posted by I hate my AMG View Post
    Thunderv I know that's a good option Im not sure if your firmiilar with Subaru Java black Pearl but thats a sweet color that's is a option as well that is a single stage paint!
    yup thats a great option if you want a single stage base, it would be great for repairs in the future. its actually a real nice color too.

EdmundGTP is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Great work. Great thread. Cant wait to see the finished car!

Frustrated .... After back and fourth saying im painting it black diamond and trying to get the paint i got tired of waiting so just said f*ck it and used the paint i had instead of waiting any longer and the money i saved ill put towards headers. So with out delay ... your everyday raven black. Im still happy with how it came out dont get me wrong.

It still needs to be buffed theres a couple small dirt blemishes but the paint came out great.
    enjoy photo shoot coming soon !

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.