Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Eddie's 04 V hit revive and rebuild thread !

29K views 165 replies 37 participants last post by  I hate my AMG 
#1 ·
Okay guys some of you might have seen my introduction in the general from. I picked this up from a salvage only shop in MO , the car is orginally from Texas , ( i wouldnt be surprised if the car belonged to a member on here) This thread will document me fixxing the car back to road worthy as well as some mods. The car is hit in the rear pretty good, but my father restores cars and does collision repair and paints for a living and has access to everything needed to fix the car including the frame mechine so its in the right hands and were ready to tackle the project. Ill be picking up the new quarter pannels this weekend if all goes well. All in all im happy with the car besides the rear area the car is very clean. im loving the black chrome wheels too.
enjoy guys , ( be paient this will take some time ! :D )

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Please take a bunch of pics and keep us updated regularly! I love this sort of thread.

#6 ·
Good luck with the rebuilt. I'm sure you'll make it as good as new. Looks like the perfect salvage to save.

#8 ·
The car has been sitting in the garage sense last wednesday when i got it off the truck today while waiting for its appointment at the frame mechine i took off the bumper and taillights as well as started to strip the trunk only had about half hour before work to do so didnt do much. but accomplished making so phone calls and snagging two good prices on quater panells so happy about that. next week i will have mayjor updates hopefully!

#13 ·
guys i have been so busy with the holiday season with school coming to an end and finals this week and working 2 jobs the V sits at the shops right now waiting for me to give it some attention. this upcoming week finals will be done and i will have some time to start finishing it. Thanks guys keep checking in!

#14 ·
Okay guys FINIALLY UPDATES ! ive been ordering parts like crazy while my V sits at the shop ( thats what happens when your car is a favor and not an actuall job ). 2 days ago snagged a Mint V rear bumper on ebay for 199 no crack chips nothing primered and ready for paint. So i drove up to Seymour CT today to a yard called Seymour Auto , and picked up this complete clip for 900, all its missing is the 3rd break light ! PLease if anyone knows a place or a yard near them who has a cts and i can call and buy it at a reasonable price let me know ! ill be working on it in the next hour or so stripping out the useless shit i dont need and prepping it as soon as i finish up some class work on the computer. expect more pictures today of the clip as well as this week as parts begin to flow in as well as the whole car too .

:bouncy:

#26 ·
Interesting as I recived the car i noticed it had ipod intergration into the Nav, after reading up on here about the possible routes on how this can be done i wondered how my car was done well stripping the interior today i have figured out this is the unit used Usa-spec corvette ipod box.

started stripping it today need to just pull the wiring from the trunk and place it up front and begin with the clip and start cutting and welding it together should be interesting. I have 3 of my farthers friends from reputable shops coming this weekend to help that have done many rear clips and know what they are doing so i have the right help to make this happen and grateful!

Listening to some music while working :)

#27 ·
She's ALIVE!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.