Eddie's 04 V hit revive and rebuild thread ! - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Eddie's 04 V hit revive and rebuild thread ! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; In Minnesota, I do not beleive a title goes from clean to "green" ever. It could go from salvage to ...
    wallstreet is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Eddie's 04 V hit revive and rebuild thread !

In Minnesota, I do not beleive a title goes from clean to "green" ever. It could go from salvage to re-constructed. Take four photos, bill of sale for parts, apply for a reconstructed title. The new title does not denote salvage. I did this also with a motorcycle. State records would show it as a reconstructed title altho title did not.
    I had a Porsche 944 with rear end damage. Car came to me from a body shop which applied for an in-state title. Title was clean howevcer CarFax showed it as salvage and referenced an accident.
    In some cases I've seen, a car involved in an accident on "private' property will not show in CarFax. Car towed from an private parking lot to a shop , repaired. No title name change. No CarFax.
    Vehicle involved in a theft recovery with zero damage and paid off by insurance company could receive a salvage title. Once the insurance company takes ownership it could/might become salvage and be reflected in CarFax as salvage.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh5V View Post
    i went through the salvage -to- clean title here in NJ for a motorcycle several years ago. It was very similar to doing a car and isnt hard at all. Just take pictures of it prior and from every angle, then take after pics. They tell you what angles they want. Also keep all receipts of parts purchased along with all VIN numbers from parts cars. That way they can see where you got all the parts from legally. You might still have to go to Trenton to do paperwork and get the appointment at the nearest specialty inspection station. You bring pics and all documentation to your appointment with the car, and hand it over then sit in the waiting room for up to an hour. DO NOT bother the inspectors, let them take their time. My 99 Honda CBR600F4 took only 20 min, but a car that was there got failed because the owner kept walking into the garage to check on the progress. Now keep in mind it will be a clean title but will also state it has a salvage history.

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    That pic is funked up! Get er back together!

jcollege is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Raven CTS-V

Wow that is a crazy pic of the V, cant wait to watch her come back together!

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

I don't think I've heard of someone doing this kind of extensive work DIY style like this.

Are you at least getting quite a bit of savings here?

V1's are not particularly rare or expensive, and this is a LOT of work.. just asking.

I hate my AMG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 Black LS6 CTS-V
    My dad has been doing body work and collision repair for 30 years our garage has everything from his old shop its a 4 car bay and has everything we would need and I am only at a little over 10 grand total.

----------

So I think I'm saving atleast a little. But I don't know I enjoy projects like this I built a mk3 supra from the ground up 2 years ago so this is a fun little project as well.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

You sound like me lol.

Why would I hack a car in half just to save a few grand?

BECAUSE I CAN.

Hhahaha! Too good! Anyone of my friends that walk in my garage their jaws just drop and say I'm nuts lol. But I can't wait to finish it I'm ordering up force axles this week and I have a creative steal diff bushing. Does anyone know where I can find a used third break light that won't break my bank!?!?

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

I'm more anxious to see it back together dang it lol

Ny's Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cts-V
    Quote Originally Posted by I hate my AMG
    Hhahaha! Too good! Anyone of my friends that walk in my garage their jaws just drop and say I'm nuts lol. But I can't wait to finish it I'm ordering up force axles this week and I have a creative steal diff bushing. Does anyone know where I can find a used third break light that won't break my bank!?!?
    Just saw one on ebay today for 90 bucks I believe...

I just looked and couldn't find it any chance you can see if the links in your history?

wallstreet is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

No longer $90... if that's what your looking for.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2004-20...af9d13&vxp=mtr

Yikes I love how v2 lights are like buy it now 90 bucks and v1 light is upwards of 300-500

atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

No bracing required before hacking? Or is that only necessary with surgery on older body-on-frames?

On another note, if I was that deep into hacking a car, I'd probably think about integrating extra rigidity into the chassis - i.e., a full cage that doesn't impinge on the interior of the vehicle. A chassis can never be too stiff.

lilred is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V, 2012 CTS-V

Bump for an update

wcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V Maggied

Hopefully this guy is good and well after he's done with his "ass surgery"

That looks scary

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.