Stainless Steel or Aqua Gauges? Need Feedback - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Stainless Steel or Aqua Gauges? Need Feedback in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; ^See if they'll make them without the huge US Speedo logo. I'd probably buy them if it wasn't for that. ...
    UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

Re: Stainless Steel or Aqua Gauges? Need Feedback

^See if they'll make them without the huge US Speedo logo. I'd probably buy them if it wasn't for that. Also, I need somebody to convert my LEDs to white. I don't trust myself to do something like that... lol

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UnsafeAtAnySpd View Post
    ^See if they'll make them without the huge US Speedo logo. I'd probably buy them if it wasn't for that. Also, I need somebody to convert my LEDs to white. I don't trust myself to do something like that... lol
    One of my first questions was about that ugly logo. The other one was about visibility with the stainless steel model. John Lance (Marketing / Sales at US Speedo) stated:

"...our stainless steel gauge faces are our number one seller, selling about 200 gauge faces a week. I have one myself in my Chevy Truck. It doesn't seem to be an issue on being able to see it. However, some people may like them. To each their own. There is a reason why stock OEM gauge faces are usually black, or white, with either red or orange needles. Because they are the easiest to see. But when going aftermarket, people are more into what it looks like than anything.

As far as our logo goes. Again, maybe that person doesn't like it, but in most cases, when people are customizing, they like to show off the names of the product they use. Kind of like labels on clothes. We are the largest speedometer manufacture in the world, and we get orders every day for shirts, jackets and stickers with our logo on them. So that is probably going to stay where it's at."

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic

Hey, could you take another round of pictures, both in the daytime and at nighttime that aren't quite so blurry? US Speedo is sending me pictures of their new anodized black stainless steel gauges for the first generation CTS-V tomorrow, and I'd like some good comparison pictures.
    Yeah I'll snap some pics tomorrow.

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

The guy crapped out on me. Oh well. Not the first time that's happened.

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

Quote Originally Posted by Junior1 View Post
    Not a big fan of either, but if they could make the stainless with black numbers/hashes similar to the autometer ultra-lite series, I'd go that route
    Agreed. That would look better and be easier to read.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I had my white overlays all set to cut up. I wanted a white outer ring on the tach, ala Mercedes AMG series. Never got to do it...

54inches is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 V

Quote Originally Posted by etcts-v View Post
    Finally finished the led and gauge face mod, ran into a few snags along the way.... FYI the needles are brittle as sh.t, the stepper motors are nothing but plastic (easy to break) and the stainless gauges scratch very easy. Besides all that I am pleased with the end result! While I was at it I changed a few other led's to blue such as the keyless entry reminder, traction control, etc. The color in the car is 1000 times better, soft blue, very modern looking.

Really hard to get a picture that does the new look justice, but here you go:

Attachment 82308

Attachment 82309

Attachment 82310
    Quote Originally Posted by etcts-v View Post
    Yeah I'll snap some pics tomorrow.
    Do you have a part number and quantity needed for the HVAC and gauge cluster change from orange to white?

Thanks in advance!

etcts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 423 RWHP / 380 RWTQ

Yeah shoot me an e-mail to elliot at seattlecustomauto dot com and I'll send you a copy of my original invoice from Digi Key. Cluster is still running strong white!

54inches is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 V

Sent.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.